British Museum Photos

Discuss your hobby with other sword enthusiasts

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

kirisute

British Museum Photos

Postby kirisute » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:41 am

had a great visit to the museum and thought id share some of my piccies with you chaps...
slightly dissapointed with the lack of katana and other japanese blades swords on display...but a nice selection of european stuff. anwyay..enjoy the photos:

NOTE: there are 74 photos....so ive taken the liberty of creating a flash album for them...click the link below..agree to the activeX control and use your mouse to scroll through and see the images...if you want to see them larger then click on the preview and the larger image will open in a new window!

of especial interest is the Roman parade armour made entirely out of crocodile skin! awesome stuff.....
Last edited by kirisute on Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

simonatack

Re: British Museum Photos

Postby simonatack » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:52 pm

Truly AWESOME!! So much incredible artistry lavished on so many things. You want to bring that camera of yours up here to Yorkshire, Kirisute dear lad. If you and your lady haven't been to the Royal Armouries Museum, Leeds yet, you really must. You'd get some amazing pics if what you've posted here is anything to go by. Lots of Japanese arms and armour in the Oriental Warfare Gallery. Thanks for posting these mate, really enjoyed it.

Blackbird

Re: British Museum Photos

Postby Blackbird » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:23 pm

Very nice thanks for posting that lot :mrgreen:
Blade with whom I have lived
Blade with whom I shall die
Strike once dear heart
And then Goodbye

Logan wrote:Its not always the tape I find the trickiest. I gotta admit, I spent a good 10minutes trying to get into my Willie! Was trying to work out where ends were, flaps, openings, how it came apart...lol thought I was never gonna get in! :D

Return to “The Cutting Edge”