Hullo:)

Place for newcomers and leavers to announce their arrival and departure. Forum rules and handy links can be found in here

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Mother Bear

Postby Mother Bear » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:47 pm

Hello and welcome, looks like you will fit in just nice around here! 8)
"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."

BlackRibbon

Postby BlackRibbon » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:08 pm

Thanks for the advice guys it's definitely helped me begin to make my mind up, so i think it's the re-enactment one for now, coz even though the Godfred's prettiful :wink:, I'm too broke to get it anyhow :'(
Oh and Angelus, I'd like BlackRibbon as a username, so I would be happy to take you up on your offer :???:, if it's ok with you :-)

Moon

Postby Moon » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:40 pm

Goggly wrote: I'd like BlackRibbon as a username

Mmmmm....nice (K) .....never confused huh?? :D

Welcome to the boards young blood.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

Unleashed

Postby Unleashed » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:43 pm

Goggly wrote:He's just enthusiast, but has plenta books and stuff on them. And danka, I do pride myself on my mastery of English (H) . Got a B+ on a practice GCSE paper this week and I'm only in year 9 :> . Am incredibly chuffed, but I never brag :D

Why not become a shooter? It's not hard, nor is it expensive.

BlackRibbon

Postby BlackRibbon » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:54 pm

I dunno tbh. He has an airgun though :D

I am confused now :S, or is it my childlike innocence :|

Postby 2841981 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:18 pm

what airgun does he have?

nath/2841981

BlackRibbon

Postby BlackRibbon » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:25 pm

No idea. It's been in the loft since before I was born, and I've never seen it, but he was probably justified in that, coz I wouldn't consider showing a potential weapon to any future kids I may or may not have, not until their teens at least. I'll ask him tonight and get back to you :D
On a sidenote, it's hot today ain't it? :-x
Last edited by BlackRibbon on Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blackbird

Postby Blackbird » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:44 pm

Ello :D and congrats on useing the word Danka 8)
Blade with whom I have lived
Blade with whom I shall die
Strike once dear heart
And then Goodbye

Logan wrote:Its not always the tape I find the trickiest. I gotta admit, I spent a good 10minutes trying to get into my Willie! Was trying to work out where ends were, flaps, openings, how it came apart...lol thought I was never gonna get in! :D

BlackRibbon

Postby BlackRibbon » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:50 pm

:???: I love it :> , but I think I stole it off you. Ello too, the reception here was loverly :wink:

It's a Webley Hurricane, btw

Hatamoto

Postby Hatamoto » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:45 pm

Don't be suckered in, dude, they're just happy to see fresh blood to corrupt :twisted: I showed up, posted something, and buggered off again for six months, lol, so I didn't get corrupted :D

As for the heat, I believe LArny-chap has made a thread dedicated to such statements as "bloody hell it's hot". Think I'll be spending the next few days in there :S

Have fun here, guy!
Wraith wrote:my tits are fantastic, you little bastard!

Postby 2841981 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:15 pm

webley hurricane is a pistol, and quite a decent one (my grandad has one :D )

seriously though, get your dad to take you for a plink to see if you get into it, as it is i think there is only a couple of shooters (non-airsoft) on these forums

nath/2841981

stYx

Postby stYx » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:49 am

Hatamoto wrote:Don't be suckered in, dude, they're just happy to see fresh blood to corrupt :twisted: I showed up, posted something, and buggered off again for six months, lol, so I didn't get corrupted :D

As for the heat, I believe LArny-chap has made a thread dedicated to such statements as "bloody hell it's hot". Think I'll be spending the next few days in there :S

Have fun here, guy!

You cant corrupt whats already corrupted thou! :P
ImageImage

Unleashed

Postby Unleashed » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:56 am

2841981 wrote:webley hurricane is a pistol, and quite a decent one (my grandad has one :D )

seriously though, get your dad to take you for a plink to see if you get into it, as it is i think there is only a couple of shooters (non-airsoft) on these forums

nath/2841981

I think you and I are the grand total of "proper" shooters. 8)

Unleashed

Postby Unleashed » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:59 am

Goggly wrote:No idea. It's been in the loft since before I was born, and I've never seen it, but he was probably justified in that, coz I wouldn't consider showing a potential weapon to any future kids I may or may not have, not until their teens at least. I'll ask him tonight and get back to you :D

See, I disagree there. Since as far back as I can remember, I helped my dad strip down and clean his firearms (I learnt on his army rifle - a FN FAL!), and shot with the air rifle. Now I don't even have to think about safety with them - I know exactly what it is, how to handle it, where to point it and whatnot. If you don't start them young they never truly get the feel of it.

Just my feel anyway...

Angelus

Postby Angelus » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:13 am

BlackRibbon wrote:Oh and Angelus, I'd like BlackRibbon as a username, so I would be happy to take you up on your offer :???:, if it's ok with you :-)

Done :D

Return to “Visitors Centre”