Hello, Brits!

Place for newcomers and leavers to announce their arrival and departure. Forum rules and handy links can be found in here

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Lexxorcist

Postby Lexxorcist » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:08 pm

Nottingham only has the 4th hightest rate of gun crime in the UK.

Angelus

Postby Angelus » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:25 pm

I stand corrected, as I said I couldn't remember who told me that :D

Lexxorcist

Postby Lexxorcist » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:50 pm

If the figures were from a group called 'REFORM', they used innacurate figures. There was a documentary (on channel 4 I think) a year or two back which also made similar claims about it being the most violent city in the UK. There were a lot of shootings there in one year, followed by a dramatic reduction.

I don't like the idea of everyone being allowed to carry guns anyway. I dread to think what would happen to Doncaster town centre if all the drunks that fight on a friday and saturday night were armed. Determined criminals will always be able to get them regardless of their legal status, but it's what 'oridnary' people might do with them if they were legal that worries me. I don't even trust the police with them. Since the Brazilian there was that other shooting, where there were two brothers in a flat when it was raided. One of the brothers was shot, and at first the police claimed one of the brothers may have shot the other. I've only recently heard what happened. The officer who shot him claimed he had "momentary loss of feeling in his trigger finger", and he got away with it. :|

People get jumpy, and have bad days, even *ahem* highly trained armed police. I'd like to see them legal for sportsmen only.

Hatamoto

Postby Hatamoto » Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:16 pm

Lexxorcist wrote:The officer who shot him claimed he had "momentary loss of feeling in his trigger finger", and he got away with it. :|

Goes to show that more or less anything is legal, if you phrase it right to the right people :/ Don't trust the system at all with that sort of thing, so I avoid violence and stuff of any sort if I can. With guns being shot all over, well, it ain't natural selection, but thinking on it, it would reduce crime, long term.. lol
Wraith wrote:my tits are fantastic, you little bastard!

Lexxorcist

Postby Lexxorcist » Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:26 pm

Hatamoto wrote:With guns being shot all over, well, it ain't natural selection, but thinking on it, it would reduce crime, long term.. lol

True, we could end up with a population purely made up of police, who as we know are all good, law abiding citizens. ;)

Hatamoto

Postby Hatamoto » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:18 pm

Well I was thinking all the gun users would kill each other, so the problem will fix itself eventually :D Course, until then, we've all gotta dress in full riot gear to avoid getting shot ourselves :p On the plus side that means we can get those money deposite boxes from banks and stuff ;)

Unleashed

Postby Unleashed » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:38 pm

I am actually in agreement with you, Lexx. It's not guns that are the problem, it's society. You have to have the right mindset, and have been bought up with guns for them to be safe. Unfortunately this country has been so repressed on the gun front, it would be suicide to let firearms be available freely.
Although... think how quickly the chav population would diminish... :D

Hatamoto

Postby Hatamoto » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:48 pm

You've just inspired me to write a movie along a Chav Hunter theme..

Caladras

Postby Caladras » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:24 pm

Hatamoto wrote:You've just inspired me to write a movie along a Chav Hunter theme..

Call it "Chavs on a Plane"

8)
You know the saying, "i'm not angry, i'm just disappointed?" well that doesn't bother me because you don't say, "there's a man running towards you with an axe and he's really disappointed!"

Lexxorcist

Postby Lexxorcist » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:28 pm

Nike Of The Living Dead or Aeon Fcuks or maybe The Burberry Hillbillies. :S

BeastinLondon

Postby BeastinLondon » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:12 pm

lmao, chav hunter diaries.
Go forth brash knave, for ye are true of heart and stout of mind. Atop your trusty steed you're no match for heathen barbarians. Your shield cannot be penetrated, just as your will cannot be broken.

BlackRonin

Postby BlackRonin » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:09 am

good day to you old bean, what what
9ShakuMako wrote: wrote:I had a big black one but over-polished it.

Wraith wrote: wrote:"Better to be judged by 12, than carried by 6"

The larnster wrote: wrote:"you simply can not Polish a turd ad expect it to shine"

Blackbird

Postby Blackbird » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:11 am

BlackRonin wrote:good day to you old bean, what what

And we have a winner of Random post of the Month :?:
Blade with whom I have lived
Blade with whom I shall die
Strike once dear heart
And then Goodbye

Logan wrote:Its not always the tape I find the trickiest. I gotta admit, I spent a good 10minutes trying to get into my Willie! Was trying to work out where ends were, flaps, openings, how it came apart...lol thought I was never gonna get in! :D

the blade master

Re: Hello, Brits!

Postby the blade master » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:42 am

vampire knight
your post removed due to inapropreate content
all the best mick
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Return to “Visitors Centre”