Hello, Brits!

Place for newcomers and leavers to announce their arrival and departure. Forum rules and handy links can be found in here

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Logan

Postby Logan » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:10 am

Hi and welcome :D

Angelus

Postby Angelus » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:37 am

Welcome :D

User avatar
Unleashed
Posts: 1134
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:14 pm
Location: Norwich, Norfolk
Contact:

Postby Unleashed » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:55 am

Evenin'. Glad to see a fellow firearms enthusiast here.

User avatar
Blackbird
Posts: 17418
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 1:27 pm
Location: Dundonia
Contact:

Postby Blackbird » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:36 am

Welcomen
Blade with whom I have lived
Blade with whom I shall die
Strike once dear heart
And then Goodbye

Logan wrote:Its not always the tape I find the trickiest. I gotta admit, I spent a good 10minutes trying to get into my Willie! Was trying to work out where ends were, flaps, openings, how it came apart...lol thought I was never gonna get in! :D

User avatar
Hatamoto
Posts: 1545
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:04 pm
Location: Abercynon, South Wales
Contact:

Postby Hatamoto » Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:47 pm

Croeso :)
Wraith wrote:my tits are fantastic, you little bastard!

HatchA

Re: Hello, Brits!

Postby HatchA » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:51 pm

Jukku wrote:I bring tidings of being able to defecate on an image of the queen...



erm... not that it matters muchly to me as an irishman but I have a lot of very good friends and acquaintances on these hallowed boards that are from the UK and I was just wondering if you could possibly maybe clarify exactly what it is you mean by this statement????

As I see it (and I do stand to be corrected) you appear to be relishing in the fact that you are "able" to sh*t on a picture of their Queen, whilst also rubbing their noses in the fact that you have legal access to firearms etc, whereas they do not.....

Like I said, I could be wrong and I invite you to prove me so...

Apart from that... welcome to the boards and enjoy your stay... :)

Xeroen
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:06 am
Contact:

Re: Hello, Brits!

Postby Xeroen » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:20 pm

HatchA wrote:As I see it (and I do stand to be corrected) you appear to be relishing in the fact that you are "able" to sh*t on a picture of their Queen, whilst also rubbing their noses in the fact that you have legal access to firearms etc, whereas they do not.....

Like I said, I could be wrong and I invite you to prove me so...


Nope, I'm pretty sure you got it right there.

That said, Jukku is pretty much like Ford Prefects description of Earth in the HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy. Mostly Harmless.
Last edited by Xeroen on Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xeroen

User avatar
Lexxorcist
Posts: 1173
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 2:02 pm
Location: South Yorkshire

Re: Hello, Brits!

Postby Lexxorcist » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:28 pm

Jukku wrote:I come from America (Hungarian born, but it's a long story), I bring tidings of being able to defecate on an image of the queen and/or legalized firearms.


Feel free to sh*t where you like mate, your presidents been doing it on you for the last 5 years. As for legalising firearms, I'm not sure many Brits want that here, condisering the serious problems it causes in America. Welcome. :D
Image

User avatar
Lexxorcist
Posts: 1173
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 2:02 pm
Location: South Yorkshire

Re: Hello, Brits!

Postby Lexxorcist » Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:31 pm

Jukku wrote:Hmm, You got me on the president part. But guns aren't that bad. Look at switzerland. They have rocket launchers.


I'm not saying guns are bad. I'm saying I don't think the majority of Brits would want them legalised. There wasn't really a problem with a small number of sportsmen having them, but I don't think people here want them as freely available as they are in America. I've got mixed feelings, but I know if everyone else was carrying one I would be too. On balance though, I prefer being able to walk through town knowing there's practically no chance of having a gun pulled on me, than knowing I could shoot back.
Image

HatchA

Re: Hello, Brits!

Postby HatchA » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:59 pm

Lexxorcist wrote:
Jukku wrote:Hmm, You got me on the president part. But guns aren't that bad. Look at switzerland. They have rocket launchers.


I'm not saying guns are bad. I'm saying I don't think the majority of Brits would want them legalised. There wasn't really a problem with a small number of sportsmen having them, but I don't think people here want them as freely available as they are in America. I've got mixed feelings, but I know if everyone else was carrying one I would be too. On balance though, I prefer being able to walk through town knowing there's practically no chance of having a gun pulled on me, than knowing I could shoot back.


That line is such a f*cking good line man!!!!

Absolutely spot on!!!

And with regard to Switzerland "having rocket launchers"...... they also have an army (with those little red knives...) but you don't see them invading places....

To coin a phrase... guns don't kill people... PEOPLE kill people!!! It all pretty much boils down to information, education and peoples "decision making" skills.....

'nuff said.

User avatar
Hatamoto
Posts: 1545
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:04 pm
Location: Abercynon, South Wales
Contact:

Postby Hatamoto » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:46 pm

Is this turning into another America vs UK thread? You guys know we recently had one of those locked for getting out of hand.

Not meaning to act like a mod, or anything, but I hate seeing innocently-intended threads locked because they've swung off the road.
Wraith wrote:my tits are fantastic, you little bastard!

Angelus

Postby Angelus » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:25 am

Hat is right, behave you horrible lot. I'm not getting involved in anymore American vs UK arguments, if they keep popping up you'll find them locked and removed sharpish.

User avatar
Unleashed
Posts: 1134
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:14 pm
Location: Norwich, Norfolk
Contact:

Re: Hello, Brits!

Postby Unleashed » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:48 pm

Lexxorcist wrote:Feel free to **** where you like mate, your presidents been doing it on you for the last 5 years. As for legalising firearms, I'm not sure many Brits want that here, condisering the serious problems it causes in America. Welcome. :D


There's more violent crime with firearms per capita in the UK than there is in the US.

HatchA

Postby HatchA » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:08 pm

Angelus wrote:Hat is right, behave you horrible lot.


My bad, man....

and there I was, thinking I was standing up for you guys... :S

ah well... that shows me (H)

back on track...

Welcome, Jukku... take a crap wherever ya want. Just not on me. 8)

Angelus

Re: Hello, Brits!

Postby Angelus » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:23 pm

Unleashed wrote:
Lexxorcist wrote:Feel free to ****where you like mate, your presidents been doing it on you for the last 5 years. As for legalising firearms, I'm not sure many Brits want that here, condisering the serious problems it causes in America. Welcome. :D


There's more violent crime with firearms per capita in the UK than there is in the US.


True enough, plus if memory serves Nottingham has the highest rate of gun crime of any major city in the western world. Can't remember where I found that out, think someone told me, feel free to disprove, just what I heard :D


Return to “Visitors Centre”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest