hi ppl

Place for newcomers and leavers to announce their arrival and departure. Forum rules and handy links can be found in here

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

katanamaster

hi ppl

Postby katanamaster » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:35 pm

im new to this and just liked to say hi plue 1 more thing this may be a stupid question but which do u ppl this is best out of the paul chen chinese broadsword or the dadao

thanks

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Postby Big Lazy » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:04 pm

Welcome. Both items are very nice indeed but I much prefer the dadao. If its something more ornamental you fancy then the broadsword is best.
Pimp or die baby!

Mellony

Postby Mellony » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:27 pm

i own the dadao, and apart from some seriously home-ribbon stuck to the hilt (which i promptly removed) the blade is very nice and the wrapping on the hilt is very clever.

A nice quality item for the money (quite sharp tho)

You say your new, if so, just a quick pointer, if you do go for the dadao, note it is a carbon steel blade, and will require a thin layer of oil on the blade to prevent rust, i usually re-do mine 8-10 months, been fine for years.... for more info just see the rest of this forum. :D

Good luck :)

Regards

Mello
Semper cogitatio.

katanamaster

Postby katanamaster » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:47 am

thanks and btw i say im new well ive been collecting carbon blades for some time and ive been using oil and thanks again

Return to “Visitors Centre”