Hi There!

Place for newcomers and leavers to announce their arrival and departure. Forum rules and handy links can be found in here

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Gimlet

Hi There!

Postby Gimlet » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:15 pm

Hi there!

I'm new to sword collecting, so please bear with me.
In fact, a month ago, I hadn't even consider buying a sword. Yes, I'd always wanted a small collection but, like so many things, it was way back on my list of 'things-to-do'. 'Perhaps, and 'Some day' were the thoughts that justified the reason not to be hurried. After all, there's always the house to paint, the bathroom to re-tile, the car to fix, etc, etc. Then, along came the news that all curved weapons were to be banned. What! But I could really, really do with a sabre or two. After all, I have held a long-term interest in that period of European history which had so shaped all our lives.
Knowing that a ban meant no more, never, I decided to fulfil my long-desired need, and ordered a JGS 1796 style Cavalry sabre and a 1830 pattern sabre from Blades - UK. As they say, the rest is history.

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Re: Hi There!

Postby Big Lazy » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:37 pm

Greetings. Did you get them in time?
Pimp or die baby!

Gimlet

Re: Hi There!

Postby Gimlet » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:33 pm

Hi Larnz,

Yes! Many thanks, both swords arrived safely. The 1796 style cavalry sabre is a beaut... I posted up a couple of pictures just for the fun of it. I still have the 1830 photos to post. Although in this aftermath it wouldn't be good timing. Still, trying to look on the bright side, there's a few early pre- and post-medieval blades that catch my attention. And, at least October is still a little way-a-way. Time to start saving up the pennies, me'thinks!

Return to “Visitors Centre”