Yep another noob!

Place for newcomers and leavers to announce their arrival and departure. Forum rules and handy links can be found in here

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Moon

Re: Yep another noob!

Postby Moon » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:23 pm

simonatack wrote:Moon!...you've just stolen my THUNDER MOMENT, LAD!! ;)

Stick around and I'll have your soul too. :twisted:
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

malvern man

Postby malvern man » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:09 pm

simonatack wrote:Trivium live just blow the beJeeesus out of about three chords, the PA, the back-line amp/cab stacks and every eardrum within a radius of about 3 miles. You need to hear their albums first because 1. You wont hear the tracks played at a live gig quite the way you hear them at home. 2.You won't hear anything for a fortnight when you get home afterwards. Will that do for you Malverne mate?

Thanks for that mate, I've got all theTrivium albums to date. I've just read this statement "Trivium's 4th Studio album is scheduled to be released sometime in 2008"

Have a listen to 'In Flames' they're great too, just listened to a track from the soon to be released new album 'A Sense of Purpose'

Cheers, Chris.

simonatack

Postby simonatack » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:17 am

Moon wrote:
simonatack wrote:Moon!...you've just stolen my THUNDER MOMENT, LAD!! ;)

Stick around and I'll have your soul too. :twisted:

My Publishers' got it mate! :evil:

simonatack

Postby simonatack » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:33 am

Got another band worth a listen; WOLFMOTHER. Saw them at Download last year-great gig! You got anything by them, Chris? Michael? Check em out if you haven't! I've heard of 'In Flames' but nothing by them, Chris. Thanks mate, I'll go looking for CD on release. Cheers. Simon.

cybernex

Postby cybernex » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:32 pm

I saw them supporting Iron Maiden at the end of 2006.
"I Belong To The Warrior Whom The Old Ways Have Joined With The New."

malvern man

Postby malvern man » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:54 pm

simonatack wrote:Got another band worth a listen; WOLFMOTHER. Saw them at Download last year-great gig! You got anything by them, Chris? Michael? Check em out if you haven't! I've heard of 'In Flames' but nothing by them, Chris. Thanks mate, I'll go looking for CD on release. Cheers. Simon.

Simon,
'In Flames' have a myspace page, you can listen to some tracks (new and old) on there. I've heard of 'Wolfmother' but I've not heard anything by them.

Cheers, Chris.

John Tarantula

Postby John Tarantula » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:25 am

just been to a nice gig with a thrash band, awesome doom band (The River) and an industrial band :shocked:

rock on!!!

Cool McSerious

Postby Cool McSerious » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:16 am

I've seen Trivium three times, they're brilliant live. First saw them on their Ascendancy tour (16th March 06, London Astoria) then supporting Iron Maiden (23rd December, Earls Court) and then as part of the Black Crusade. I was amazed that they managed to have the same force as the mighty Arch Enemy and Machine Head live (considering the latter two are heavier on their CDs and use lower tunings) but they really pulled it off. I seriously, seriously rate Trivium. Either way, you're welcome dude. Speaking of music, seeing Velvet Revolver on tuesday. Gonna be sa-weeeeeeeeet! Slash is my absolute hero.

simonatack

Postby simonatack » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:34 am

Velvet Revolver...oh you lucky sod! wish I was living in London again!

swayZtyle

Postby swayZtyle » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:50 am

simonatack wrote:Trivium live just blow the beJeeesus out of about three chords, the PA, the back-line amp/cab stacks and every eardrum within a radius of about 3 miles. You need to hear their albums first because 1. You wont hear the tracks played at a live gig quite the way you hear them at home. 2.You won't hear anything for a fortnight when you get home afterwards.

lol, totally second all of this..I saw Trivium down here at Pavillions last year..still got the ticket somewhere...my ears were buggered for at least 3 days after it, but I also noticed they prefer to play their older stuff rather than the new lot..they did play the best tracks of the 2nd album and touched on the third, but most of the night was the first album tracks.
Also, welcome to the boards JT. :D

Cool McSerious

Postby Cool McSerious » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:01 am

simonatack wrote:Velvet Revolver...oh you lucky sod! wish I was living in London again!

It was absolutely fookin amazing.

As far as Trivium go, I've found they tend to give quite a balanced amount of tracks from across their albums.

simonatack

Postby simonatack » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:10 pm

Thought you'd love the gig 'Mac. I'm going to see The Illegal Eagles in Bolton on Saturday' Have to declare an interest as my Brother plays guitar with them, and he's an absolute powerhouse player-no sh*t! And my mate Chris Childs, who also plays bass with THUNDER. The I.Es have a new guy called Danny Vaughn, who fronts a band from his native New York called TYKETTO and they absolutely kick-ass live. Check out Danny's Myspace page..and my bro Keith Atack on Myspace too --YEAH... I'm proud as hell of him, and the guys he plays with! It would be great to get Tyketto over here. They play a stormin' set.

Cool McSerious

Postby Cool McSerious » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:07 pm

Listening to the Illegal Eagles atm... They're pretty good man. The country element isn't really my thing but it's the kinda thing that I can just play in the background and really enjoy.

simonatack

Postby simonatack » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:11 pm

I must admit the country element isn't my bag either Mac' But they rock when they rock. Not sure what your listening to as I haven't been on their website for a good while. Glad you appreciate their music though!

Cool McSerious

Postby Cool McSerious » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:09 am

I just listened to ones on their myspace.

Yeh, the Velvet Revolver gig was stunning. On top of their best songs (minus Dirty Little Thing, sadly) they also threw in Sex Type Thing (Stone Temple Pilots song) and, more importantly, GnR's Patience, It's So Easy and Mr. Brownstone.

Return to “Visitors Centre”