Hello

Place for newcomers and leavers to announce their arrival and departure. Forum rules and handy links can be found in here

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

MrOsborn

Hello

Postby MrOsborn » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:44 am

I found this website a few months ago after my first attempt at quitting the evil cigs (of this year). Swinging a broomstick around kind've acted as a replacement for holding a cigarette but it didn't really feel productive and I went looking for a katana to play with. I bought the oak bokken, and then a saya after I realised it was actually quite important. I'm still waiting for Steve Crowther's DVD but that should arrive before another dreaded postal strike.

Ultimately I'd like to get the Practical Plus Katana/Wakizashi, and also the Blade replica for novelty purposes cuz he's cool. I was actually aiming for the Practical until I realised the Plus had a twin short sword. There seems to be something new and interesting to buy everytime I browse the site.

I'm also interested in seeing what will eventually go in the Transformers section since I'm a bit of a TF geek. :oops: Any hints on that one? I wouldn't mind one of Prime's swords, especially if it melts stuff.

Stan :013

the blade master

Re: Hello

Postby the blade master » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:08 pm

hi
having the entire practical plus range they are good quality kats for the price
you will enjoy them for sure.
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

MrOsborn

Postby MrOsborn » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:11 pm

Thanks. Was I missing anything apart from the tanto?

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:02 pm

hi
that really depends on what your interests are mind you a call to loz usually sorts most problems out
if theres somthing you want and its not on site ask loz you never know whats squirelled away in some corner
works with me :D
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

MrOsborn

Postby MrOsborn » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:35 am

Thanks for the Loz tip. ;) I was really wondering what you had from the Plus range incase I missed something on the site? I don't know what I'm looking for at this point. I just thought the three items I saw made a nice set.

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:20 pm

hi
to my knowledge there is only three items in the plus range the katana the wakazashi and the tanto
if you want somthing of the same quality but slightly cheaper try the one's specially made for blades-uk- in the buks katana section or the handforged samurai swords section im sure you will find somthing there to suit your needs
forum moderator

MrOsborn

Postby MrOsborn » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:44 pm

Those are nice. I hadn't even looked there. And my DVD arrived before the strike! :mrgreen:

malvern man

Postby malvern man » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:23 pm

I'm the same as blade master, I've got all 3 in the Chen Practical Plus Range, all 3 are great.

I've just had a custom job done on one of my practical plus tantos.

Here's a pic for you.

MrOsborn

Postby MrOsborn » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:35 pm

I saw that in the other thread. It's looks really nice. ;) Do you or Blade Master have a pic of the actual blade? The product pic looks a little too studio perfect.

MrOsborn

Postby MrOsborn » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:39 pm

Nevermind. I hadn't noticed your other thread in the sword forum. Looks great!

malvern man

Postby malvern man » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:07 pm

MrOsborn wrote:I saw that in the other thread. It's looks really nice. ;) Do you or Blade Master have a pic of the actual blade? The product pic looks a little too studio perfect.

I don't, sorry.

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:34 pm

i'll have a hunt around and see what turns up :D check out (your collections) you might find what your looking for there now keep an eye out for the lass in the santa suite now theres a sight that'll make you ffffwwwwaaaaooooorrrr and then some now watch the comments as its chrises wife yum yum yum yum :D
forum moderator

MrOsborn

Postby MrOsborn » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:54 pm

Just saw that. Thanks, Malvern Man. :mrgreen:

Oh and I wasn't paying attention earlier and thought the Rengaku thread actually contained pics of the Practical Plus tanto. :oops: I'm guessing it won't look as good as those pics but I'm not really fussed.

Return to “Visitors Centre”