Young newcomer

Place for newcomers and leavers to announce their arrival and departure. Forum rules and handy links can be found in here

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

dustytretch

Young newcomer

Postby dustytretch » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:11 am

New member on the forum here, got interested in katanas and swords after a concoction of what I know now are inaccurate portrails on
popular games and movies, although 13 assassins and Ironclad may be an exception.
I am interested in music tech, modular synthesisers, physics, science in general and watchmaking.
I am 16 next month and I am trying to find a place to practice a japanese martial art based around swordsmanship near
Ealing but it is proving difficult and I will probably leave it for this year as I have my GCSEs this year, so I will probably take it up more
regularly next june when I finish school.

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Re: Young newcomer

Postby Big Lazy » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:51 am

Welcome aboard :mrgreen:
Pimp or die baby!

Moon

Postby Moon » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:53 pm

Iaido and Jodo are available in Ealing and you won't need to buy any equipment for the first few months at least.
http://www.seishinkandojo.org/files/contacts01.htm
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

Geordie Ross

Postby Geordie Ross » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:14 pm

Welcome mate, yea I'd say iaido is best, but there's bucket loads of self training DVDs and instructional vids for sale and on YouTube, they're free, but not as good as a trainer. Ask your parents for a top end Hanwei katana for your 18th birthday ;)
War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

dustytretch

Postby dustytretch » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:29 pm

I might be getting a lower mid-range sort of katana for my birthday next month, but it will just be on display most
of the time and I will cut through the odd bottle every now and then.
I don't want to try teaching myself technique yet so I will probably just read through 'a book of 5 rings' and then
start on some kenjutsu books.
I ended up having to stop my freestyle wrestling as work got on top of me, but in 2 terms I finish high school :GGe

Return to “Visitors Centre”