Hey

Place for newcomers and leavers to announce their arrival and departure. Forum rules and handy links can be found in here

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

darkone

Hey

Post by darkone » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:53 pm

Well, i am new here (obviously!).

I thought i had better introduce myself as it is the polite thing to do.

My name is Ashley(i prefer to be called ash)

I am 17 years of age.

I am into all kinds of obscure and bizzare things so we will not go into that, but sword collecting is one of them!

I am male!

thats about it really....so hi?

Oh, (small amount of swords i have are as follows) : Sword of darkness, sword of the earth, sting and a random functional knight sword. 8)

Gorilla Warfairy

Post by Gorilla Warfairy » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:55 pm

Hey, welcome to the forum :-D

darkone

Post by darkone » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:03 pm

:-D
I am currently saving my funds up for the LOTR elven sword!
my work owes me a backdate pay of £240...so as soon as it comes through, i am gonna pre order!
i have still yet to find a sword that just grabs me as soon as i see it!
I see swords i really like but...
I don't know?

Steve Ishikawa

Post by Steve Ishikawa » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:11 pm

Its down to indivigual taste really - i prefer the more oriental swords, Katana's, Wakizashis, Tanto's etc etc. But The Elven is a nice sword of great quality.

Welcome Ash :-D - I'm Steve, nice to meet you mate - so what other bizzare things are you into?

darkone

Post by darkone » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:22 pm

Hey steve.. i am into things most people do not have a clue about, unless they are also into the but i guess i can share.

I read tarot and rune stones, i give lectures on paganism in + around gloucestershire. i have a phobia of rabbits and zhebras.

I collect...bricks! if i see a brick lying around....i MUST pick it up-i am guessing its a medical problem!

I love suasage dogs and penguins!

I like to take pictures of what other people call tedious and boring things...fields, trees, rivers, steams etc?

And i drive an evil red metro nicknames lola!

but i am not a mental patient?
so...
Hey, you asked!

darkhobo

Post by darkhobo » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:25 pm

darkone wrote:Hey steve.. i am into things most people do not have a clue about, unless they are also into the but i guess i can share.

I read tarot and rune stones, i give lectures on paganism in + around gloucestershire. i have a phobia of rabbits and zhebras.
WITCH!!!!!! :shock: :shock:

darkone

Post by darkone » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:27 pm

Oh, didnt you read my bio...i am pagan.

Is that a problem? I thought only christians had a problem with pagans?

Hence the whole inquisition and burning of innocent people?

darkhobo

Post by darkhobo » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:30 pm

nope hadnt read anything till now...just looked at your profile...i also injoy walking :-D

Gorilla Warfairy

Post by Gorilla Warfairy » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:33 pm

Don't worry about him.... he's an american 8)

Christians have a problem with pagans do they? Hadn't noticed any these days, was a bit a couple o hundred years ago, so you might be in for a bit of a rough time if you make a time machine or something :cool: but you're ok here. :-D

btw, we've already got a witch on the boards so its not like you have to leave or anything....

Steve Ishikawa

Post by Steve Ishikawa » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:35 pm

I'm Christian, looks like im gunna have to act like a complete asshole and burn you at the stake whilst i dance around you with a leaf.

Yes, we're all very crazy in this forum. I like taking pictures of streams etc - i have a few pictures i took of the sky - i'll show you osme. Its the beauty of nature that i love. As for bricks - you never know when they might come in handy - i collect movie posters and swords ( i have two, wahoo)

So what sort of things does the Pagen religion dermand? Is there a god you worship? And where did your fear of rabbits come from?

darkone

Post by darkone » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:37 pm

Walking is a great way to get excersise and also to get away from the hubbub of life...providing you are walking in some countryside area....nothing beats the English countryside! :-D

darkhobo

Post by darkhobo » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:37 pm

Steve Ishikawa wrote:I'm Christian, looks like im gunna have to act like a complete asshole and burn you at the stake whilst i dance around you with a leaf.
lol why a leaf?

Gorilla Warfairy

Post by Gorilla Warfairy » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:38 pm

darkhobo wrote:
Steve Ishikawa wrote:I'm Christian, looks like im gunna have to act like a complete asshole and burn you at the stake whilst i dance around you with a leaf.
lol why a leaf?
because you get tired more quickly if you carry the whole tree 8)

darkhobo

Post by darkhobo » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:45 pm

LOL
indeed you would

darkone

Post by darkone » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:45 pm

Yes, we're all very crazy in this forum. I like taking pictures of streams etc - i have a few pictures i took of the sky - i'll show you osme. Its the beauty of nature that i love. As for bricks - you never know when they might come in handy - i collect movie posters and swords ( i have two, wahoo)

So what sort of things does the Pagen religion dermand? Is there a god you worship? And where did your fear of rabbits come from?
Paganism entails the usual kind of morals each religion has...do not harm people or animal, look after the earth, celebrate the sabbats and generallly along those lines, it is more personal than christianity, i attend a roman catholic sixth form centre and to me its horrible! Having the dogmas and doctrines dictated to you!

As for the comment about burning me...i was not saying christians do it now, i was saying haven't pagans suffered enough throughout history because of ignorant misconceptions?

My fear of rabbits came from when i was 5 and my friends rabbit sam went psycho and started biting me and scratching me! i just dont like to go near them now in case.

As for pagan gods...there are many and different people worship different gods. Personally i pray to Cernunnos the god of hunting and nature, also Osiris, the keeper of darkness(not in an evil sense) he is the god who rules the underworld, for example, on samhain(pronounced sowen) which is october the 31st, pagans pray to osiris to celebrate the lives of all those who have died (because samhain is our new year).

buy a book...read about it...i promise you won't get possed by satan or something stupid the media like to make up!

And the picture taking! Thank goodness someone else does it! There is nothing better than the true beauty of nature...Particularly in Autmumn!
when i get my camera sorted out i will send you some of my pics.
:-D