Hello

Place for newcomers and leavers to announce their arrival and departure. Forum rules and handy links can be found in here

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

The Green Man

Hello

Post by The Green Man » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:58 pm

Been lurking here for a little while and I've already made a few posts so thought it was time to do an official hello. My collection of blades is pretty small at present. The main attractions are a PFK and a Rambo 3 bowie (a thing of stunning beauty) both bought from BUK and a First Blood knive not bought from BUK and thus costing me far too much. Future purchases will probably be a PPK, one of the Claymores or whatever else catches my eye. I might even complete the Rambo knife set. And for those with a hankering for a few personal details (you know stalkers, slave traders, people who kidnap you and steal your kidneys, those sorts) I'm male, hairy as an Afghan hound and old enough to remember when the original Now compilation album came out [nostalgia] but of course they were called Now That's What I Call Music in my day, and back then the internet was in black and white and only on for three hours a day, and when you shut down Windows it played the national anthem and you had to stand up, and the only emoticons you got were animated gifs Winston Churchill smoking a cigar, and there were special eBay vouchers at the back of the ration book, and you had to burn your mp3s on to a wax cylinder, and every friday night a man would come round with a gas lamp and a ladder to clear out you cache[/nostalgia].

Kamui

Post by Kamui » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:04 am

LMAO!
welcome mate! i can see you will fit in well!!
strangley enough i am listening to one of the really old NOw albums (early 90's) thats old for me!! :D

Gorilla Warfairy

Post by Gorilla Warfairy » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:32 am

Now THAT is an introduction.

Welcome to the forums :D

Bugsy

Re: Hello

Post by Bugsy » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:50 am

The Green Man wrote:Been lurking here for a little while and I've already made a few posts so thought it was time to do an official hello. My collection of blades is pretty small at present. The main attractions are a PFK and a Rambo 3 bowie (a thing of stunning beauty) both bought from BUK and a First Blood knive not bought from BUK and thus costing me far too much. Future purchases will probably be a PPK, one of the Claymores or whatever else catches my eye. I might even complete the Rambo knife set. And for those with a hankering for a few personal details (you know stalkers, slave traders, people who kidnap you and steal your kidneys, those sorts) I'm male, hairy as an Afghan hound and old enough to remember when the original Now compilation album came out [nostalgia] but of course they were called Now That's What I Call Music in my day, and back then the internet was in black and white and only on for three hours a day, and when you shut down Windows it played the national anthem and you had to stand up, and the only emoticons you got were animated gifs Winston Churchill smoking a cigar, and there were special eBay vouchers at the back of the ration book, and you had to burn your mp3s on to a wax cylinder, and every friday night a man would come round with a gas lamp and a ladder to clear out you cache[/nostalgia].
Why does everyone look at me when people say that? :'(

WELCOME, Mr Green man, may you relish your time here. Congratulations on the excessively long sentence, I enjoyed it thoroughly.

I'm sure you're aware of our initiation process involving tepid otter urine and a blunt stick covered in Marmite; you may proceed...

Blackbird

Post by Blackbird » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:29 am

LMAO, good intro. You know my opinions on yer avatar n name already. :D

Amra The Lion

Post by Amra The Lion » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:33 am

Good avatar, good movie.
And...Hello btw
I think this should be used as an example for anyone wondering how to stage their introduction, hell knows I haven't even done so yet.

Gorilla Warfairy

Post by Gorilla Warfairy » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:53 pm

Too right unknown stranger. Who are you? :D

Barry the Time Sprout

Post by Barry the Time Sprout » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:16 pm

gotta be the best intro yet, :???:

Oh and Hi

Evenstar

Post by Evenstar » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:18 pm

Welcome to the madhouse!!! :twisted:

Sounds like you'll fit in well with the regulars here!!!

And compliments on the exceedingly good intro!! 8)

Azeroth_Storm

Post by Azeroth_Storm » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:31 pm

Greetings, welcome and merry met.
By the way, I still have the ladder
but the gas lamp is, alas, no more.
Regards
Storm

HatchA

Post by HatchA » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:49 pm

hi... **nuns*