sorry if this is the wrong place but...

Post any feedback or suggestions relating to the Blades-UK website and forum

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

sorry if this is the wrong place but...

Post by 2841981 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:13 pm

why cant i get to these forums through blades main site?

once again sorry if this is the wrong site

cheers

nath/2841981

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:14 pm

The forum is not officially part of B-UK as a business and so the link isn't on the main site anymore as far as I know

Post by 2841981 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:34 pm

ok

does that mean its okay to post links to other sites? just curious

cheers

nath/2841981

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:37 pm

No the usual rules are still in force. If in doubt check the rules posts on the top of each forum

wtf?

Post by wtf? » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:18 pm

so nothing to do with blades uk, as a company... but you cant post links to sword sites because its a buisness forum for blades-uk, and the rules are set by the owner of the blades-uk buisness.

as always, i wont post sword links, and im not going to cause hastle... but i think the basic lack of common sense should be picked up on.
www.Blades-UK.com
Swords, Airsoft Discussion Board

This forum is not operated by Blades UK
To Contact BUK Customer Support: 0845 226 5514
at the top of every page... saying this is the blades-uk website. but this forum is not operated by blades-uk... and if you have problems.... you should phone the blades-uk customer support. :S

seriously... thats somewhat laughable.... well... it amuses me a little, anyway.

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Post by Big Lazy » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:58 pm

I gotta be honest and agree with wraith on this. If the forum is no longer associated with Blades-UK then why cant we talk about other suppliers/makers etc? I think the rules could do with a good shake up :S

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:54 pm

The forum may not be directly associated with B-UK anymore however it is still owned and operated by the company, so their rules go. The forum was disassociated due to various topics which were causing hassle for B-UK as a company such as torrent discussions and such like. As the forum is still on Loz's domain and he pays to keep it operational his rules stick

wtf?

Post by wtf? » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:49 pm

in the sake of arguement... i gotta say (and yeah, floging a dead horse)
The forum may not be directly associated with B-UK anymore however it is still owned and operated by the company
if i were to hold in my hand a big bag of illigal drugs, after having my company name stamped on the bag (Chris Tooze Drug's factory), and admiting to owning, and paying for the drugs.... how could i NOT be associated with the huge bag-o-drugs?

how could i possibly say... i payed for them, i control what happens to them (the rules), and they are my property.... but their not directly associated with me.... i mean... seriously? wishing doesnt make it so.

i have nothing to do with this site... im not employed by anyone, and i have no buisness interests.... but if i were to do something wrong, or illigal with the B-UK artwork stamped on my arse, dont you think there would be questions?

and what if i were a buisness partner, or owner?

i think that buying something (something i guarentee is covered by the B-UK liability shield, and maybe has a small mention in the companys tax, and accounts departments)... stamping your companys name on it, paying for its continual upkeep might link you to it, in some way or another.

in fact, i cant think of a better way of being linked to something, in a buisness sense, than owning it.

this isnt the B-UK website, paid for, and maintained by joe bloggs of some obscure server company. name used under licience.... its the B-UK website, paid for, and maintained by the B-UK company. its a buisness asset... and you can bet your ass its classed as such. its the home of company information, and the owner disscusses buisness on here at times. deals with some customers, and uses pictures from here as sales material. also links from the main B-UK site to user reviews on the forum of items purchased from the company. and as we were disscussing... forbids the linking of competitor sites, as this is a buisness tool, and he wont allow it to feature competitors links.

theres more... sure... but if i carry on, im gonna get shouted at... im just entertaining myself. :D
so im done in this thread. *waves*

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:43 am

The forum is owned and operated by B-UK not to serve as a marketing stage but so that people of like interests can discuss their hobby. It is not part of the business as such, it is run because B-UK wish to run it. If they decided otherwise they could quite happily pull the plug.

99% of the users have no problems sticking to these rules. I can understand where the question came from, the answer was giving, I see no reason for you to have brought this back up wtf?

The rules are there for a reason. They are still in force. End of discussion

wtf?

Post by wtf? » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:47 am

whoa... calm down... im just bored, and remembered that i was talking in this thread. if i would have remembered yesterday, or tomorrow i would have posted then

im not chalenging any rules, nor do i wish to post other links... or break any other of the forum rules at all... im just talking about something that was brought up. i see a issue, and im picking at the bits that done make sense to me.

im not attacking you, or the company for that mater, im just disscussing what i see.... seriously... im not aiming for a fight.

Moon

Re: sorry if this is the wrong place but...

Post by Moon » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:57 am

2841981 wrote:why cant i get to these forums through blades main site?
You can.
Larny Boy wrote: I mentioned this on another thread but you can still access the forum from the main site. Click on Site Map at the bottom of the screen and then scroll down to the bottom again and click on the Community Forum icon. Instant access
Easy,when you know how. (H)

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:03 am

wtf? wrote:whoa... calm down... im just bored, and remembered that i was talking in this thread. if i would have remembered yesterday, or tomorrow i would have posted then

im not chalenging any rules, nor do i wish to post other links... or break any other of the forum rules at all... im just talking about something that was brought up. i see a issue, and im picking at the bits that done make sense to me.

im not attacking you, or the company for that mater, im just disscussing what i see.... seriously... im not aiming for a fight.
I am aware of this. I just want to make it absolutely clear to all that are reading this thread that as I stated, the rules are there and in place for a reason. The rules do not necessarily have to make sense to you wtf? as you are not the one creating/enforcing them, all you have to do is abide by them. As you've already stated you intend to do this there is currently no problem that I can see

wtf?

Post by wtf? » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:12 am

the rules dont have to make sense... but i find it helpfull if they do... so i ask the questions, and have the disscussions. its what people do when they want to learn something. and as someone in possession of the facts, you would seem the apropriate person to ask.... wether you can/will answer... is another question.

after tonight, though... im losing the will.

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:35 am

wtf? wrote:the rules dont have to make sense... but i find it helpfull if they do... so i ask the questions, and have the disscussions. its what people do when they want to learn something. and as someone in possession of the facts, you would seem the apropriate person to ask.... wether you can/will answer... is another question.

after tonight, though... im losing the will.
Welcome to my world

Logan

Post by Logan » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:11 am

What is there to argue about WTF?

Angelus summed it up for you. Loz has 'virtually' severed links to the forum, so as to not associate it with his 'business' as there were some issues that were leading to him being called by police frequently. However, its still owned by Loz, its his property, his rules - he is an admin you know.

End of. :roll: