Just Wondering...

Post any feedback or suggestions relating to the Blades-UK website and forum

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

kirisute

Just Wondering...

Postby kirisute » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:28 am

having visited BUK and stared in wonder at the vast amount of stock held therein i was wondering what they are gonna do once the ban is in place....
is it hoped you will be able to sell most stock before the ban?

im good friends with a guy who used to import toys from the States, and Customs eventually decided to come down onhim for Import Duty etc....how did he get round it?
He simply sold very expensive bags..which came with a free toy! HEHEHehehehehehe

not seriously offering this as a suggestion for selling swords after April..but hey...you never know..it might just work!!

i can see the special offers now:

Buy a CARDBOARD BOX! get a FREE KATANA! YES! thats right! A FREE katana with every box purchased!

*i apologise for this...im at work bored stupid by fixing pc's....* :roll:

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Postby Big Lazy » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:01 pm

Only Loz can answer this but I'm sure he has a plan in place. It's only the UK bringing this ban in, not Europe and I'm sure there's European traders out there who happily take Loz's stock of him at trade prices.
Pimp or die baby!

PFM

Postby PFM » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:03 pm

Big blow out sale perhaps? :GGe
Mac

If you're gonna shoot... shoot! don't talk.

freedom

Postby freedom » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:47 pm

We're busier now than ever before, even had a guy come down from Glasgow and leave with an entire van full of samurai swords last week so it won't be long before we're sold out.

After April . . . . I'm hoping there will be more interest in the European lines, we're increasing our range of those, all the uk suppliers are upping the fantasy ranges they do (axes, daggers, broadswords). Functionality wise, Chen have said they're working on 5-6 new European designs and we've just had some of the new valiant and JGS designs arrive, We've got official 300 stuff on the way (helmets, shield etc., a huge range of armour, helmets, chainmail etc, has arrived here and I've been working with a forge on some designs I'm extremely pleased with but if there's a market for them I don't know, more research to be done.

Essentially there's very few plans yet, I think we're all in the depression stage still as samurai sword sales make up the bulk of our market, I'd like to start my own political party, it would base it's decisions on expert opinion, not be pressured into knee jerk reactions, understand the importance of freedom and finally happily come back to an issue and say, 'ok this new law hasn't worked so let's scrap that and see if we can get it right this time'

The government started banning certain types of knives back in 1959 . . . 47 years on and IT STILL HASN'T LEARNT IT DOESN'T WORK (Most people in our office figured it out in about 7 seconds)

That'd be our campaign slogan :)

kirisute

Postby kirisute » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:14 am

wise words buddy!
sign me up for your party!

Kalith

Postby Kalith » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:49 pm

Will there be notices updated next to the katana descriptions saying when they're about to be out of stock for good?

I've just bought the two GO blades recently so I'm back to low on funds as I'm a student and work part time. I've been trying to get lots of overtime because I want to save up for the folded Tiger katana. I'd hate to finally have enough for one and find they're all sold out with none coming back in :)

Loz
Blades UK

Postby Loz » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:55 pm

sadly not, we're simply too busy here to do anything but ship orders right now.
http://www.Blades-UK.com for your Swords

simonatack

Re: Just Wondering...

Postby simonatack » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:33 am

Could I ask the proprietors of Blades-UK; when the ban has cleared the warehouse of samurai/cutlasses/cavalry sabres etc. Would you be stocking and supplying more lines of European Renaissance Swept-hilt Rapiers. These are among the most elegant of all swords and, judging from the vast array of websites selling these swords there must be a thriving collectors and historical fencing market well worth going after. Hanwei and Cas Iberia make a beautiful range and there are the Darkwood Armory and Arms And Armor companies in the US making superb replicas. Arms And Armor make absolutely breathtaking replicas of historically factual rapiers and aren't cheap-at around $500-$750 per sword but they are without doubt the very closest one can get to owning a museum piece. I would most certainly be in the market for this type of sword as, much of what I've seen on offer in the UK is either mass-produced cheap and utter pap in plenty or, top quality but very limited in range and supply. I make this suggestion respectfully and hope it receives consideration. There's got to be a future for sword collecting somewhere after the nonesense of Govornmental interference.

Cool McSerious

Re:

Postby Cool McSerious » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:25 am

Kalith wrote:Will there be notices updated next to the katana descriptions saying when they're about to be out of stock for good?

I've just bought the two GO blades recently so I'm back to low on funds as I'm a student and work part time. I've been trying to get lots of overtime because I want to save up for the folded Tiger katana. I'd hate to finally have enough for one and find they're all sold out with none coming back in :)

Just email them when you have the funds and find out. Presumably Loz and co will have a pretty good idea when something goes out of stock, even if they can't update the website right away... Or maybe I'm just being presumptuous.

I too would love to see more rapiers on the side, assuming the 'clucking anchors' don't ban all swords.

Loz
Blades UK

Postby Loz » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:50 am

you'll be happy to hear they'll be an entire section devoted to rapiers, shipment with these on arrives early April, also we'd like to hear what you want on the site, imagine having a huge 2000 page catalogue in front of you full of knives and swords but not really knowing what people will want, or more importantly what they'll pay for what they do want, not that i've done too badly at getting that right most of the time.

Had alot of new stuff arrive in the last few weeks to add, including more crossbows (full metal ones, already constructed, proper archers bows and alot of fantasy daggers and the like. Also thinking about adding more of the top brand knives at fairier prices than I've seen them for elsewhere but £60-£70 folding knives are not exactly my field of expertise so need some advice on what is the practial katana of folding knives.
http://www.Blades-UK.com for your Swords

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Postby Big Lazy » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:39 am

Knives are good boss. Just outta interest what manufacturers will you be getting the new stuff from please? I'm rather fond of Viking and Knights swords myself :mrgreen:
Pimp or die baby!

kirisute

Postby kirisute » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:21 pm

Loz, just a thought but i do alot of archery with a compound bow. I also import bowhunting magazines from stateside. Currently the technology of alot of archery equipment, especially compound equipment is a long way away, in this country, to the new products being sold/produced in america. Not talking anything dangerous or illegal...simply release aids, stabilisers, arrow rests, peep sights etc etc....the technology is out there but it just rarely makes it from the US Bowhunting community to the UK archery community.
I have no idea if this might be a new avenue of sale for you or even if you could find suppliers...but it might be worth a look none the less. Also hunting camoflauge clothing....some of the realtree stuff is available here but hardly anything compared to stateside...again might be out of your remit...but it might also be a new avenue for you to pick up some sales.

simonatack

Re: Just Wondering...Rapiers.

Postby simonatack » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:27 pm

WOW! More than pleased to hear this good news (at last!) about your new lines of rapiers, coming with lots of other good stuff. You already trade with some excellent forging companies making these swords, so my money's safe as well as my passion. Now, tell me you can order weapons from Arms & Armor, Darkwoods Armory, Windlass Steel products -all from the US (hence spelling) and you'll make me one very happy customer...and a lot of others too for sure! :D

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Postby Big Lazy » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:34 pm

I wouldn't wee wee on windlass to be honest.
Pimp or die baby!

simonatack

Re: Wee wee on a Windlass

Postby simonatack » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:50 pm

Ah. I must admit I came upon one of their swords during a trip to the US a couple of years ago Larnz. Definately a copy of a Pappenhiemer. It looked right enough, though I wasn't able to handle it as it was in a shop full of other stuff and customers. I take it, as one who has come across their products in the trade you're not too impressed then. Oh well, there's always better to be had.

Return to “Feedback & Suggestions”