Any chance of a January sale?

Post any feedback or suggestions relating to the Blades-UK website and forum

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Cool McSerious

Any chance of a January sale?

Postby Cool McSerious » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:56 pm

Just wondering if there was one planned. Not bought any shinies in a while but I could certainly be tempted by some nice pricing!I think there was one a while back but I can't remember for sure.

skippydm

Re: Any chance of a January sale?

Postby skippydm » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:44 pm

I doubt it :lol:

with the state of the pound places are taking a right kicking, Fallkniven prices have gone through the roof :|

Take the Fallkniven PXL in Ivory micarta, price in december was £150... price now £253.95

Most companies prices are increasing especially this side of the pond, I have seen Benchmade, Spyderco and other makes increase in price.... A while back I got a Spydie Native4 for £70, someone else bought from the same seller and paid around £90-100 for the same knife from the same seller, as we both paid in US Dollars!!

So yeah I doubt there will be a sale at any blade retailers :roll:

Loz
Blades UK

Postby Loz » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:34 am

There are some bargains across the site at the moment, especially in the handforged section and if you're looking for some bargins on top end chen items then email me a list and I'll see what I can do.

And indeed price rises for the forseeible future are inevitable, the weak exchange is only half the problem, cost of raw materials in china etc. are also on the increase, we're asorbing most of the increases ourselves at present as the middle of a economic crisis is not the best time to up your prices, plus as we're importing and manufacturing a whole range of items now we're cutting out the middle man and saving a bundle, it's the really small companies who are in for a rough ride, working on small markups and shipping costs through the roof most are giving up, we've bought up several stalls stock already.

From my perspective slashing interest rates is not having any helpful impact, if lenders won't pass on rate cuts to mortgage customers then lowering the base rate only weakens the pound (increasing all import costs) and kills the rate on my savings account!
http://www.Blades-UK.com for your Swords

prabs

Postby prabs » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:48 pm

as studying economics .... things are crapy

a sale on maybe some of the more expensive swords wont harm, it could also be good for buisness ,especially the paul chen range .
but im wondering any chance of discounts for regular customers ?

Loz
Blades UK

Postby Loz » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:23 pm

Hi

We have a discount scheme in place in the form of extremely low prices, quick delivery and only good quality products, that would keep me coming back!

Also for anyone reading this and not in the know, we do have an informal discount scheme which I think almost all of our big spending customers are on, if this is something that would be of interest then please feel free to call to discuss, remember the site only shows a selection of what we are able to supply, we have access to the entire (UK LEGAL) catalogue of coldsteel, Hanweii and just about every knife brand you can name at exceptionally good custom pricing.

prabs

Postby prabs » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:33 pm

thats wikid il call next time , when ordering

could i get next day delivery if i call for order, recently online ordering didnt give me the option like it use to .

Loz
Blades UK

Postby Loz » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:18 am

Afraid not, since the ban we've reduced staff so can no longer offer next day, we ship twice a week on a Monday and Thursday and it's actually improved our delivery time to just 1-4 working days.

Return to “Feedback & Suggestions”