a small idea :D

Post any feedback or suggestions relating to the Blades-UK website and forum

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Katzujinken

a small idea :D

Postby Katzujinken » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:22 pm

hey guys, im new here but upon browsing the blades webshop i noticed you sell training swords, however i thought it would be nice if you guys could sell the training outfits especially the iaido stuff, as that would definatly get my coin!!

regards.

the blade master

Re: a small idea :D

Postby the blade master » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:26 am

phone or email loz the owner and forward your suggestion
direct best phone him as the forum has been quiet of late
it may be a wee while before he comes to the forum with it
being new year it may be a couple of days before any one's here
best call him next week
all the best
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

residentdeagle

Postby residentdeagle » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:34 pm

i got my hakama, and jacket from a martial arts store.. but i also think this is a good idea oewww

Loz
Blades UK

Postby Loz » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:21 am

We have tried Uniforms and Boxing equipment in the past buwith mixed results but we are certainly looking at broadening our martial arts range over the next 12 months
http://www.Blades-UK.com for your Swords

Katzujinken

Postby Katzujinken » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:35 pm

i look forward to that loz! :mrgreen:

swayZtyle

Postby swayZtyle » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:44 pm

There are other UK stockists which are more suited to Martial Arts practitioners' needs..as for Iaido Gi's and the like your best bet is Google as I can't give out the name of the place, but you should find it no problem. ;)

As for B-UK..it doesn't seem their thing of late..I'm quite ashamed to see the standard seeming to have lessened of late..it'd be nice if they did start stocking some decent equipment to match said stockists, and perhaps price them competitively :twisted:

Katzujinken

Postby Katzujinken » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:34 pm

hey loz anychance you could stock in some kawasima blades?? They appear good quality for the money and get a DVD with it how the blade was forged!

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:58 pm

hi katz
sorry to be the bearer of bad news but kawashima katanas are no longer available in
the uk apart from old stock still in the suppliers hands there freely available in china etc
now call loz and see if he will do one of his special deals for you im sure he has somthing just
as good for you even if its not on site theres always somthing tucked away in one
of the numerous corners of his warehouse call him youv'e nothing to loose by asking.
( mick)
ps in case your wondering only stock still in suppliers hands
is whats being sold off in the kawashima name.
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Katzujinken

Postby Katzujinken » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:18 pm

hey mick, i know of a place that does still sell them (uk website) but im not going to post links as that would be naughty! but they seem to be a good cheaper alternative to the paul chens, have you tried any of them out? anyhow i bet loz is sick of hearing from me, checking for updates on delivery and what not lol! :mrgreen:

regards, Luke

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:47 am

hi luke
yes i have several of the kawashima rangea nice diasho/two piece a three piece which is a bit of a rarerity
as there was only a couple or sets made as sample pieces it dont have a name or code number even.
A shirasaya style katana and (one with a clear laquare saya i'll check the names later done the check its a kawashima warrior)
if i disturb she who must be obeyd me and my cohones will be parted one from the other rapido with
the aid of a blunt rusty hacksaw :| i belive theres another hidden in its box i'll seek it out and let you
know what it is they are well made and well finished but not to every one's taste no plasticy parts as
some folkes belive they even have real same/rayskin panels on the tsuka.

look i think loz may still have one or two kats that were especialy designed and made for buks
so no other retailer will have any like them nice pieces ask him to if you can get one there well worth the money

kawashima ayabuso daisho

third one down in pic one is a kawashima shirasaya

bottom one in pic three is a kawashima ( its a kawashima warrior)

kawashima three piece(no model name
forum moderator

Katzujinken

Postby Katzujinken » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:37 am

very nice collection you have there! the kawashimas do look good, i like that set of three you have, do they have a genuine hammon? and whats the cutting ability like any good?

Loz
Blades UK

Postby Loz » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:11 pm

swayZtyle wrote:There are other UK stockists which are more suited to Martial Arts practitioners' needs..as for Iaido Gi's and the like your best bet is Google as I can't give out the name of the place, but you should find it no problem. ;)

As for B-UK..it doesn't seem their thing of late..I'm quite ashamed to see the standard seeming to have lessened of late..it'd be nice if they did start stocking some decent equipment to match said stockists, and perhaps price them competitively :twisted:

Appearances can be deceptive and I wouldn't want you to thinking we were falling behind so I'll explain. The 3 big UK importers have all had their shipments seized in the last 3 months, the only curved swords coming into the UK now are the top quality Chen kats and other £200+ own brands, as stores run out of existing stock anything you see at under £100 will disappear, over the next 3 months things are going to be very tough for alot of companies who rely on uk suppliers for their stock.

Meanwhile I've increased our manufacture of display swords and daggers to fill the gap we would otherwise be facing and also have 10 designs of handmade ninja sword arriving Monday to fill the quality under £100 market. We have an import of cheaper samurai but the only way to get them into the UK is using the martial arts defence and restricting their sale as such.

We're adding more broadswords at present, have just had a delivery of antique miltaria arms, have added some top brand knives (Colt, CRKT).

The bottom line is that HMRC will now seize any samurai sword coming into the UK using the handmade defence that isn't clay forged, which essentially has destroyed the under £130 market overnight.
http://www.Blades-UK.com for your Swords

Katzujinken

Postby Katzujinken » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:38 pm

OooOoo I look forward to seeing them ninja swords, I guess we have to take the good with bad in the sense that we can only buy good quality swords which have traditional method production. One thing that is quite confusing though is why put a limit on lesser quality blades and the need for a permit when Paul chen blades are potentially more dangerous

Mick show me more pics of your collection!

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:39 pm

hi katz
the hamon on the kawashim's ive shown you are of the enhanced type it looks like the cutting edge is hardend
then wire brushed to show where the edge is loz would probebly give you the correct explanation for it and know
i dont use my kats for cutting as i dont know the correct technique for cutting i do have an old masahiro i use for
learning how to tie sageo etc if you want to see more of my collection i have posted my collection elsewhere on this forum
under mikes collection theres others too chinese swords european swords scots broad sword dirks rapiers all from bucks
forum moderator

Katzujinken

Postby Katzujinken » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:35 pm

argh cant find the thread! sounds like an ace thread an all!

Return to “Feedback & Suggestions”