New to Sword Purchasing

Post any feedback or suggestions relating to the Blades-UK website and forum

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Afrosamurai100

New to Sword Purchasing

Postby Afrosamurai100 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:47 am

Hey all, just like to thank any one taking the time to read my post.
I've been seriously attracted to purchasing a couple of swords recently and i'm just stuck because although i have purchased some in the past this was a couple years ago and i know the law has drasticly changed since then, and it's kind of threw me off buying more...

Basicly i'm just curious to know if it's legal to purchase from this site, I'm currently living in leicester and i use to purchase mine from america which i know is impossible now thanks to customs... any hoo... was just wondering if any one could help me out by answering a few questions.

1.Is it 100% legal because some of descriptions say the swords are "sharpend" and i've read it's illegal to buy or sharpen your swords.

2.Any one know of any other site's avaible for UK delivery, I ask this because although 2 of the swords i want are on this site i'm still after another 2 that dont seem to be stocked here. Any site trustworthy is welcome, mainly looking for fantasy swords and anime replica's. the two i'm after is Afro's sword from Afro Samurai, and Ichigo's sword "Zangetsu" from Bleach.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

Loz
Blades UK

Re: New to Sword Purchasing

Postby Loz » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:45 am

First lines of our site FAQ are;

The Law

You do not need a license to own any of the products we are actually selling on the website, they are also all legal to own in the U.K

By law you must now be 18 or over to purchase a knife/sword. We age verify all orders.

If the swords you mention are curved blades, they will not be legal as they will not meet the permitted defence of 'traditional method of making swords by hand'
http://www.Blades-UK.com for your Swords

Return to “Feedback & Suggestions”