Highly Recommended

Post any feedback or suggestions relating to the Blades-UK website and forum

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Geordie Ross

Highly Recommended

Postby Geordie Ross » Tue May 24, 2011 6:44 am

Top quality products, unbeatable prices, first grade service! Iv purchased swords from blades uk for a while and could not fault the service delivery. The ability to call the owner direct is fantastic, and the price match promise is a big bonus.
Cheers and keep up the good work, I look forward to drooling over new stock ;)
Ross
War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

the blade master

Re: Highly Recommended

Postby the blade master » Tue May 24, 2011 12:36 pm

hi geordie
please dont drool thats only for us old guys and it only promotes rust :D
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Geordie Ross

Postby Geordie Ross » Tue May 24, 2011 1:53 pm

Ahahahahahaha creased!!! :mrgreen:

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Tue May 24, 2011 6:24 pm

:D :D :D
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

jamesb0551

Postby jamesb0551 » Tue May 24, 2011 6:51 pm

Agree ive looked around alot of different sites and no one come close to BUK well done!

One little thing i think it would be better if you sent an initial email saying you have received the order and are now doing age checks etc. It would have put my mind to ease when i first ordered.

Love the site
James
you must consider every man your enemy who speaks ill of your king, and you must hate a Frenchman as you hate the devil - Horatio Nelson

Geordie Ross

Postby Geordie Ross » Tue May 24, 2011 6:54 pm

True that could unsettle first time buyers but they do get the order delivered lol :GGe

Vampire_Knight

Postby Vampire_Knight » Tue May 24, 2011 8:45 pm

Geordie Ross wrote:True that could unsettle first time buyers but they do get the order delivered lol :GGe

I say you do .. he said Tuesday and it arrived 8:45am Tuesday :D :D :D except for the Prince`s wedding he never missed and i have 5 blades and a 2 blade stand from Loz at Blades-uk...Plus the great deals you get I will never grumble :D

Vampire :GGe
When a star creates Iron, it die`s . And with a lot of work iron becomes a sword, So respect the power your sword holds. And use it with great care and wisdom!

日毒

Owner7771

Postby Owner7771 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:12 am

I have been thinking about the short customer review suggestion and I have thought of an adaption for it how about if instead of reviewing web pages individually it was satisfied customer testamonials on the home page to permote the site to first time viewers to maybe boost new customers purchasing here

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:51 am

you,ll find things are preferd the way they are theres no point in changing things for changes sake
as the old saying gose if it aint broke dont fix it ;)
forum moderator

Geordie Ross

Postby Geordie Ross » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:52 am

There's one flaw in that owner, a few "less than quality" Chinese websites use falsified reviews on a "testimonials" section to hype up their falsified info of a sword, which I suspect is illegal. But nice idea owner
Ps, Mick is a stainless steel katana (curved blade 48") legal?
Last edited by Geordie Ross on Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:26 pm

hi geordie
if it can be prooved its traditionally forged it may be fine (but please dont quote me on that) to be safe ive asked lawrence for you and he,ll give you an answer as soon as is possible may i ask how your getting it not from where but how i.e. from a friend or from a retailer.
forum moderator

Geordie Ross

Postby Geordie Ross » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:33 pm

I doubt it's traditionally forged but it's under 50 inch, I got it from the net, was too goo to be true, the info had been copy+pasted on almost every sword, the one I got was a kill bill sword for around 40 quid a few years back, it has no tang and is only attached by the habaki with glue.... :/ damn Chinese @!#%¥!

Moon

Postby Moon » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:32 pm

Geordie Ross wrote:I doubt it's traditionally forged but it's under 50 inch, I got it from the net, was too goo to be true, the info had been copy+pasted on almost every sword, the one I got was a kill bill sword for around 40 quid a few years back, it has no tang and is only attached by the habaki with glue.... :/ damn Chinese @!#%¥!

The law states under 50 centimetres not inches and a 48" stainless katana shaped object is about as much use as a limp. :D
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

Geordie Ross

Postby Geordie Ross » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:18 pm

Ohhhh centimetres........... :| lol! Guess what il be doing the next amnesty day
Ps, how the hell did it go through customs....?

Loz
Blades UK

Postby Loz » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:43 pm

Geordie Ross wrote:There's one flaw in that owner, a few "less than quality" Chinese websites use falsified reviews on a "testimonials" section to hype up their falsified info of a sword, which I suspect is illegal. But nice idea owner
Ps, Mick is a stainless steel katana (curved blade 48") legal?

Re curved swords, anything made using 'traditional processes of making swords by hand' should be fine, the Home Office have said they would expect those production techniques to be relevant to the country of origin i.e. Japanese swords forged using traditional Japanese processes however that is not in the letter of the law, more of an assumption which a court may or may not determine relevant. the onus though, will be on you to provide proof that the sword is made using the traditional processes, a letter stating it is is - have already been determined insufficient. A video or detailed explanation including information on specific blade characteristics as a result of each traditional production step has always worked for us.
http://www.Blades-UK.com for your Swords

Return to “Feedback & Suggestions”