Cold Steel

Post any feedback or suggestions relating to the Blades-UK website and forum

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

jamesb0551

Cold Steel

Postby jamesb0551 » Tue May 31, 2011 2:00 pm

Right Im thinking about getting a napoleonic cavalry sword, now a competitor which i wont name says that they can import them and they're legal as they are hand made etc.
Ill put a pic up later so you can see exactly which it is imageshack is playing up atm

heres the reply
Hi James

Thank you for your email. We can still sell swords with a curved blade under
two conditions;

1. If the swords is made in the traditional manner and from traditional
materials
2. If the buyer is using them for their sport

The Cold Steel swords are made in the traditional manner and from
traditional materials. So they're perfectly legal to sell/own.

The 88HCS should be coming in stock today, so it should be good to ship this
week (once it's passed quality control).

But they list the item as being made in India and i thought they had to be made in china or japan so im mega confused :S

Will BUK's be getting these in or similar items as buks are the best and cheapest providers on the market (no brown nosing intended)

Cheers
you must consider every man your enemy who speaks ill of your king, and you must hate a Frenchman as you hate the devil - Horatio Nelson

the blade master

Re: Cold Steel

Postby the blade master » Tue May 31, 2011 8:32 pm

james hi
in answer to your question it dose not matter in which country a sword is made as long as its made in the traditional manner now unfortunatly lawrence wont be getting anything like that in for a while so you,ll have to buy one from another supplier (his suggestion)like the one you named
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

jamesb0551

Postby jamesb0551 » Tue May 31, 2011 8:39 pm

Thats a shame i just have to decide wether i want a new replica, or an antique then. As ive seen some very nice looking napoleonic and us civil war sabres im just abit tetchy about importing them :S

so i might have to go to cold steels uk supplier :(

oh well might treat myself in september with the next set of student loans ;)
you must consider every man your enemy who speaks ill of your king, and you must hate a Frenchman as you hate the devil - Horatio Nelson

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:40 pm

he,s not talking to any one because that kind of language and behavour will not be tolerated on this forum
he,s now permanantly banned
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:53 pm

well geordie we are all here to enjoy the forum and we can take take the mick from each other from time to time
and let the odd rude one slip out but he just went way too much over the top i dont know what his problem was
but theres no need to behave like a complete tit here.
forum moderator

jamesb0551

Postby jamesb0551 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:12 pm

Clearly someone's mother never loved them

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:26 pm

hey geordie how long has you been mick in spanish :D :D lols or were you just being polite
forum moderator

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:30 pm

nah i had a little help with my spanish to english dictionary :D :D lols
forum moderator

Return to “Feedback & Suggestions”