What I did while I was offline

Sword related DIY and Projects discussion

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Banzai Joe

Post by Banzai Joe » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:22 pm

holy :moobag: , BB that really is good.
How have you managed to learn all that you do? did you train in some kind of metal fabrication industry? It obviously takes knowledge, skill and natural artistic flair i think, something of which i sadly lack. I don't have an artistic bone in my body, i can't even draw the curtains.
But i totally admire the likes of yourself, Azeroth, darksun and even that ugly man wraith (:D) who can do this kind of stuff.

Logan

Post by Logan » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:36 pm

BB, quite simply that is awesome (H) You have a wonderful talent. But damnit girl! I wanna see some more pics :D 8) (K)

Blackbird

Post by Blackbird » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:42 pm

Danka gyes, there will be more pics I'm gonna buy some decent batterys so I can take so high res pics so you can see the detail on all those mallorn leaves and the knot work.
Banzai Joe wrote:holy :moobag: , BB that really is good.
How have you managed to learn all that you do? did you train in some kind of metal fabrication industry? It obviously takes knowledge, skill and natural artistic flair i think, something of which i sadly lack. I don't have an artistic bone in my body, i can't even draw the curtains.
But i totally admire the likes of yourself, Azeroth, darksun and even that ugly man wraith (:D) who can do this kind of stuff.
Danka again (K) The woodworking side I partially learned from me Dad, I learned the sort of mechanics of it like the right way to use tools and basic joints ect, the carving I taught meself on scraps of wood. As far as metal work goes that Rohan sheil was me first project with any major metal working element I'm trying to teach meself all I can by reading everything I can get me hands on, I've already learn some v importaint basic stuff like always have rounded shoulders to the tang as if to have sharp angles this creates a weak point to the weapon.

Ogami Itto

Post by Ogami Itto » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:20 pm

Excellent work..looks great :).

Blackbird

Post by Blackbird » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:34 pm

Danka