Japnese/Greek Shield

Sword related DIY and Projects discussion

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

wtf?

Postby wtf? » Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:50 pm

the edgeing is under debate at the mo... i want to re-enfoce the edge of the shiled, and i cant seem to decide on a way to do it.

i can either edge it with a light gauge steel, and litterally wrap, and cover the edge.

or i can engineer a channel around the circumference, and lay steel cable into it... covering it with more fiberglass, and resin.

the first way would be more dramatic, and visable. the second would be invisible, and in-built.

still not sure on colour... im gonna make up some scale models, and get on them with games workshop paints, etc.
God i LOVE these things.

Im not sure what weapons will be used to fight WWIII, but i know that WWIV will be waged with wooden sticks.

koga

Postby koga » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:36 pm

if your looking for colours why not go with a white main with like a red center and then the kanji over the red?

Angelus

Postby Angelus » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:19 pm

Koga please check the dates on the last posts of the threads before you post, this is the third time I've commented on thread necromancy today. Its a bad habit please don't do it :D

koga

Postby koga » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:14 pm

look i see something i want to comment on i comment sorry if its annoyin but i liked the idea so i posted

Angelus

Postby Angelus » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:46 pm

koga wrote:look i see something i want to comment on i comment sorry if its annoyin but i liked the idea so i posted

Easy tiger no need to aggravated. The reason its frowned upon is more often then not the thread is revived for one post and so serves no purpose, if there is a legitimate reason for digging it back up then fair enough but when the thread has run its course there is no point and it can become and annoyance. You're new and may not have known that which is why I was pointing it out to you

koga

Postby koga » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:14 pm

sorry if i seemed agressive i just get a lil peeved off and i guess my fingers type be4 i had time to think im really sorry ill try hard in the futur

Tetra

Postby Tetra » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:31 am

Very nice.
You should use the circular shape of the tinbei and incorporate the japanese writing but you should add the strength, stability and size of the roman imperial shields, the edging keep the jagged parts.
Admin Edit:

Making light of animal cruelty encourages me to do nasty things to you. Don't do it again.

Angelus

DrunkDwarf

Postby DrunkDwarf » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:11 pm

Anyone else think that sword would look good as some sort of "sword-staff"... double ended sword (like Darth Mauls lightsaber) or even as a sort of spear?...
Si vis Pacem, Para bellum...

Tetra

Postby Tetra » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:57 pm

There are weapons too similar to that,
Admin Edit:

Making light of animal cruelty encourages me to do nasty things to you. Don't do it again.

Angelus

Blackbird

Postby Blackbird » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:01 pm

DrunkDwarf wrote:Anyone else think that sword would look good as some sort of "sword-staff"... double ended sword (like Darth Mauls lightsaber) or even as a sort of spear?...

Like maybe a naganita or a yari?
Blade with whom I have lived
Blade with whom I shall die
Strike once dear heart
And then Goodbye

Logan wrote:Its not always the tape I find the trickiest. I gotta admit, I spent a good 10minutes trying to get into my Willie! Was trying to work out where ends were, flaps, openings, how it came apart...lol thought I was never gonna get in! :D

Tetra

Postby Tetra » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:43 pm

What would make an excellend cross weapon?
Admin Edit:

Angelus

Return to “DIY & Projects”