PC Bushido Daisho

Sword related DIY and Projects discussion

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

bushi

PC Bushido Daisho

Postby bushi » Fri May 19, 2006 8:28 am

Hello,
I thought you people may be interested to know I have recently purchased a PC bushido katana to go with my wakizashi.
I have started customising it, and I will post some pictures on this forum when it is finished. I not sure if I should tell you what I am doing to it, or wait until it is finished and surprise you all. This is going to be one amazing and unique daisho when it is finished...
The Way of a master is to do all things without thought to anything. - Yagyu Munenori

darksun_uk
Mod

Postby darksun_uk » Fri May 19, 2006 9:53 am

sounds very interesting mate, i look forward to the final results.

kind regards

Moon

Postby Moon » Fri May 19, 2006 11:20 am

Change of Tsuba,rattan wrap on Saya?

Go on...give me a clue.
I won't tell anyone else...honest ;)
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

bushi

Postby bushi » Fri May 19, 2006 11:57 am

perhaps...
but there's more
The Way of a master is to do all things without thought to anything. - Yagyu Munenori

stYx

Postby stYx » Fri May 19, 2006 11:59 am

Looking forward to seeing the pics 8)
ImageImage

Jaques

Postby Jaques » Fri May 19, 2006 4:54 pm

Whatever you do dont change the blade!

I wonder which genius will be first not to detect the sarcasm.... you know who you are!

bushi

Postby bushi » Fri May 19, 2006 5:18 pm

here is a clue:
most of the work will be done on the saya
and it isn't getting a rattan wrap

Moon

Postby Moon » Sun May 21, 2006 12:37 am

Jaques wrote:I wonder which genius will be first not to detect the sarcasm.... you know who you are!

A bit like wondering who was the first person not to invent the wheel imo. :S :S :S

What makes you post 'sarcasm' in a serious forum when it's completely unprovoked in any way? :S :S :S
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

wtf?

Postby wtf? » Sun May 21, 2006 11:07 am

Moon wrote:
What makes you post 'sarcasm' in a serious forum when it's completely unprovoked in any way? :S :S :S

penis envy, im guessing.
God i LOVE these things.

Im not sure what weapons will be used to fight WWIII, but i know that WWIV will be waged with wooden sticks.

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Postby Big Lazy » Sun May 21, 2006 1:08 pm

darksun_uk wrote:sounds very interesting mate, i look forward to the final results.
Seconded
Pimp or die baby!

Jaques

Postby Jaques » Sun May 21, 2006 2:19 pm

Moon wrote:
Jaques wrote:I wonder which genius will be first not to detect the sarcasm.... you know who you are!

A bit like wondering who was the first person not to invent the wheel imo. :S :S :S

The fact the forum is a little on the serious side. My gripe is we seem unable to discuss swords like they're fun things. Not fun like "wehay lets play swordy on a trampoline!" because thats a bit stupid but fun like a hobby rather than a discipline.

bushi

Postby bushi » Sun May 21, 2006 4:17 pm

just remember before japanese swords were widespead, they were, and everything about them a discipline. i try to keep it that way
i guess like sports, there are people who take it seriously, and others who don't.
myself, i am not one who jokes and fools around.

wtf?

Postby wtf? » Sun May 21, 2006 5:58 pm

sword collecting can be fun. sword appreciation can be fun. sword use, in the right circumstances can be fun.

sword training, and modification has to have an air of seriousness to it, otherwise bad things can happen.

i remember someone posting about a kendo class where they had their men spun 180 degress by a thrust. it was a fun lil convo, and many trainined people have fun with their art. this is ok by me, because the people involved are already trained.

you should see our classes sometimes, especially my ju-jutsu... most of that is just pratting about with idea's, and techniques... having a bit of fun.

the issue arise when amatuers, or rank beginers take up a weapon... be it a sword, bokken, knife, whatever... and try to 'have fun' with duels, self teaching etc.... the fun gets taken out, when people start acting with no regard for what their doing.

plus, as bushi has said... some people (myself included) take their arts, and its idea's very seriously. and dont like them made into a bit of fun.... skipping ropes are fun, frisbies are fun, puppies playing with toilet rolls are fun... swords are a killing weapon.

God i LOVE these things.

Im not sure what weapons will be used to fight WWIII, but i know that WWIV will be waged with wooden sticks.

Moon

Postby Moon » Sun May 21, 2006 8:04 pm

bushi wrote:just remember before japanese swords were widespead, they were, and everything about them a discipline. i try to keep it that way
i guess like sports, there are people who take it seriously, and others who don't.
myself, i am not one who jokes and fools around.

Well said.

wtf? wrote:sword collecting can be fun. sword appreciation can be fun. sword use, in the right circumstances can be fun.

sword training, and modification has to have an air of seriousness to it, otherwise bad things can happen.

i remember someone posting about a kendo class where they had their men spun 180 degress by a thrust. it was a fun lil convo, and many trainined people have fun with their art. this is ok by me, because the people involved are already trained.

you should see our classes sometimes, especially my ju-jutsu... most of that is just pratting about with idea's, and techniques... having a bit of fun.

the issue arise when amatuers, or rank beginers take up a weapon... be it a sword, bokken, knife, whatever... and try to 'have fun' with duels, self teaching etc.... the fun gets taken out, when people start acting with no regard for what their doing.

plus, as bushi has said... some people (myself included) take their arts, and its idea's very seriously. and dont like them made into a bit of fun.... skipping ropes are fun, frisbies are fun, puppies playing with toilet rolls are fun... swords are a killing weapon.

Well said again.

Jaques

Postby Jaques » Sun May 21, 2006 9:50 pm

Well yeh but you basically lengthened my post. Fun doesnt mean disrespect and if I in anyway gave that impression then let me remove it. But you can take a game of Football seriously, but its still fun right? Anyway I cant remember what my original point was.....oh yeh everyone seems pretty uptight, like there is NO fun involved. Fun might be the wrong word - how does pleasure suit you?

Return to “DIY & Projects”