PFK Saya Colour Change

Sword related DIY and Projects discussion

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Jaques

PFK Saya Colour Change

Postby Jaques » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:33 pm

A few months back I was growing bored of my PFK, I already had a black katana in the form of my far superior Cold Steel sword and so decided to take the paint off the saya. Ended up with what was actually quite nice wood underneath so I gave it a light coat of stain and its looks pretty good. Was thinking about giving it one final adjustment and repainting it - what colours would you guys recommend looks good?

Blackbird

Postby Blackbird » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:37 pm

Personally I like red :D
Blade with whom I have lived
Blade with whom I shall die
Strike once dear heart
And then Goodbye

Logan wrote:Its not always the tape I find the trickiest. I gotta admit, I spent a good 10minutes trying to get into my Willie! Was trying to work out where ends were, flaps, openings, how it came apart...lol thought I was never gonna get in! :D

Angelus

Postby Angelus » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:40 pm

Just bear in mine that the saya will have to match up with the colour of the tsuka

Jaques

Postby Jaques » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:20 pm

Angelus wrote:Just bear in mine that the saya will have to match up with the colour of the tsuka

I dont see any particular reason why it should, I have nothing against contrast.

Angelus

Postby Angelus » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:22 pm

Fair enough just my opinion

Jaques

Postby Jaques » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:26 pm

Its mostly cause I lack the skill and funds to change the Tsuka ito and same :D

I was thinking crimson or burgandy might be nice myself. Deep blue is always an option too.

Moon

Postby Moon » Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:42 am

Jaques wrote:I was thinking crimson or burgandy might be nice myself. Deep blue is always an option too.

I'm tempted to suggest pink and white 'candy stripe' but as it's a serious forum..."deep blue" is an option that sounds good to me...fwiw.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

Blackbird

Postby Blackbird » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:41 am

Moon wrote:
Jaques wrote:I was thinking crimson or burgandy might be nice myself. Deep blue is always an option too.

I'm tempted to suggest pink and white 'candy stripe' but as it's a serious forum..."deep blue" is an option that sounds good to me...fwiw.

>runs off to buy a cheep chinese kat from ebay so she can try that< with white same and pink wrap and and enameled disk fer the tusba that striped like a cremosa lollipop :D

Hell I'm not kidding Ied do that......... wouldnt keep it but Ied certainly make it. :D

Strike once dear heart

And then Goodbye

Logan wrote:Its not always the tape I find the trickiest. I gotta admit, I spent a good 10minutes trying to get into my Willie! Was trying to work out where ends were, flaps, openings, how it came apart...lol thought I was never gonna get in! :D

Jaques

Postby Jaques » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:02 pm

Sounds like about the most horrific misuse of a sword thats possible! :>

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Postby Big Lazy » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:13 pm

If you guys remember I once painted my PPK saya red and it looked pretty darn good but then I made a mess of it when I applied the lacquer. I then sanded it down to its bare wood and applied a thin coat of varnish to bring out the stain and I've kept it that way since (H)

Red saya

Natural saya

Pimp or die baby!

Lexxorcist

Postby Lexxorcist » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:16 pm

Blackbird wrote:>runs off to buy a cheep chinese kat from ebay so she can try that< with white same and pink wrap and and enameled disk fer the tusba that striped like a cremosa lollipop :D

Hell I'm not kidding Ied do that......... wouldnt keep it but Ied certainly make it. :D

No need to buy one, I'll let you do my rusty one free of charge and you can return it after. ;)

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Postby Big Lazy » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:21 pm

Lexxorcist wrote:No need to buy one, I'll let you do my rusty one free of charge and you can return it after. ;)
Are you talking about a sword here or a part of your anatomy????? (H)
Pimp or die baby!

Lexxorcist

Postby Lexxorcist » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:43 pm

Larny Boy wrote:
Lexxorcist wrote:No need to buy one, I'll let you do my rusty one free of charge and you can return it after. ;)
Are you talking about a sword here or a part of your anatomy????? (H)

I'll leave that one open :>

Postby 2841981 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:49 pm

well, if bb offers, whos lex to deny a goddess?

nath/2841981

Blackbird

Postby Blackbird » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:02 am

Lexxorcist wrote:
Blackbird wrote:>runs off to buy a cheep chinese kat from ebay so she can try that< with white same and pink wrap and and enameled disk fer the tusba that striped like a cremosa lollipop :D

No need to buy one, I'll let you do my rusty one free of charge and you can return it after. ;)

Actually I was thinking I could do wonders with that rusty piece of crap :D (K)

Strike once dear heart

And then Goodbye

Return to “DIY & Projects”