Loctite's Power Putty Repair Express

Sword related DIY and Projects discussion

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Loctite's Power Putty Repair Express

Postby Big Lazy » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:46 pm

Has anyone used this stuff before in any of their projects? I used it earlier today on my PSP (not quite a subject for here I know) and it really is good stuff.

It's very much like Blu-Tac once you've mixed it and you have around 5 mins to work with it before its starts to set. It sets solid after just 10 mins and it's supposedly as strong as epoxy after 24 hours, so I was wondering if anyone could see any uses for it in any projects you've got brewing? Be warned though that it dont half stink lol

This public service announcement was brought to you by Sir Larn Esq. Thank you, I'm here all week (H)
Pimp or die baby!

darksun_uk
Mod

Postby darksun_uk » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:15 pm

yeah i have used it and it does produce a solid repair though it seems more suited to plugging holes than bonding applications, for my sai swords a true chemical weld product like "chemical metal" is superior as its origins are industrial that being said the whole family of epoxies are very usefull if they are used correctly.

kind regards

Blackbird

Postby Blackbird » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:22 am

Yep I used it on my ickle elfy sword Iaun I acidentaly took a lobe off a leaf on the vine while carving so I moulded this stuff on and shaped it then cut it to exactly what I needed when it was hard (even when hard its still fairly easy to cut with a good knife) then when the vine was painted you woyldnt know it was there.
Blade with whom I have lived
Blade with whom I shall die
Strike once dear heart
And then Goodbye

Logan wrote:Its not always the tape I find the trickiest. I gotta admit, I spent a good 10minutes trying to get into my Willie! Was trying to work out where ends were, flaps, openings, how it came apart...lol thought I was never gonna get in! :D

Return to “DIY & Projects”