customized bowie

Sword related DIY and Projects discussion

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

wabhimself

customized bowie

Postby wabhimself » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:53 am

hey all,
years ago l got a really crappy bowie offa ebay (didnt have a clue back then.... l was like "wow a bowie for £5 im havin that!") so the story goes the guard snapped off it then the handle became loose and eventually the rives in it somehow snapped (l was chopping logs for some reason with it can't remember why) so l finally decided to do something with the blade which is acctually pretty damm solid
so l started off just sharpening it up and that while its just a bare blade, got it bloody sharp with a file and cut myself on the last stroke l was doing with the file. (wasnt too deep)
so l then thought..... l could put scales on as a handle.... being absolute skint l decided to have a go at making them myself..... l had wood sitting up in my cupboard from about a year and a half ago from a tree l cut down so l decided to give that a go, worked brilliantly..... l only used a knife, a file and some sandpaper to shape the scales.... they turned out pretty nice if not a little rough so for now l got them held on with some bolts and im pretty happy with the results..... gonna get some rivets to do it properly though and mayby some new scales once the ones on my knife wear away a bit. all in all im happy with my work :P i'll put up pictures tommorow mayby depending on how lazy l am :P

Blackbird

Postby Blackbird » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:15 pm

Yea go on I wouldnt mind seeing it :D
Blade with whom I have lived
Blade with whom I shall die
Strike once dear heart
And then Goodbye

Logan wrote:Its not always the tape I find the trickiest. I gotta admit, I spent a good 10minutes trying to get into my Willie! Was trying to work out where ends were, flaps, openings, how it came apart...lol thought I was never gonna get in! :D

Moon

Postby Moon » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:27 pm

:stfu:

C'mon Wab' you know the drill. :D
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

wabhimself

Postby wabhimself » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:06 pm

hey all, l had problems with imageshack (account wouldent activate) and thats why pictures are only now being put up. sorry!

the sheath came with it when l first ordered the knife and l stitched the sheath for my throwing knifes onto it so l have a bowie/throwing knifes combo (sore thumb after that!)
the scales l think are done really well seeing as its wood l cut down myself and had seasoning for a year, they came out pretty dang well. still need to get those rivets done though. that should be a good laugh. :P

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Postby Big Lazy » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:05 am

Very interesting. Good work young man :mrgreen:
Pimp or die baby!

Blackbird

Postby Blackbird » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:30 pm

Very nice work mate :D Thinking about doing yer own scabbard?
Blade with whom I have lived

Blade with whom I shall die

Strike once dear heart

And then Goodbye

Logan wrote:Its not always the tape I find the trickiest. I gotta admit, I spent a good 10minutes trying to get into my Willie! Was trying to work out where ends were, flaps, openings, how it came apart...lol thought I was never gonna get in! :D

Moon

Postby Moon » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:28 pm

Nice one Wab'. ;)
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

Mother Bear

Postby Mother Bear » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:58 am

Nice work there wab! :D
"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."

Return to “DIY & Projects”