thinking of modifying an axe....

Sword related DIY and Projects discussion

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

wabhimself

thinking of modifying an axe....

Post by wabhimself » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:23 pm

hey all,
earlier l decided one of my axes l got off of BUK would be pretty cool if it had a sword blade coming out of the top of it, the axe shaft is about 15 inches long so l was thinking about a 25 inch blade above the axe head..... l think that'd be totally awsome, anyone got any ideas for how to make this? the axe im using is the three piece axe set from this (middle one in pic) http://www.blades-uk.com/view_items.php ... 4&start=10 and the blade im using is from my celtic warrior sword, im not sure if BUK have it on 'cause l can't find it. anyways, anyone got any ideas for how to modify the axe to hold a blade?

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:28 pm

considering that the hafts are covered in metal casings, your gonna have a hard time.... it MAY be possible to remove the heads, insert the sword blade (and make the right arrangements for the blade to stay in place, then grind the correct size hole in the head for the sword blade to fit through.

but it would be a LOT more trouble than its worth.

wabhimself

Post by wabhimself » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:30 pm

hmmmm you seem to have a good point there...plus l still need to try and find the tools to do alla this...... l think l might just leave this idea on the rack for now until l know what im doing 8)

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:41 pm

you usually get to know what your doing by trying it, and messing it up a few times.

i started out almost all of my "DIY" without any clue of what i was doing..... now its all second nature.

wabhimself

Post by wabhimself » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:15 pm

yeah thanks for the advice, the only prolem is... l can't afford to mess up :( l dont have the dinero to buy new swords and suchlike so l think i'll leave it till l have a job

Blackbird

Post by Blackbird » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:17 pm

Hmm if yer carefull and thibk things through thouraly before hand ya shouldnt have to many probs.

wabhimself

Post by wabhimself » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:44 pm

hmm thats the problem, im not known for thinking things through, im more the "go ahead and see what happens" type, l think i'll get my mates brother to help me, he made a set of throwing daggers outa some copper pipping so he seems okay at that kinda thing....