some help please :)

With the private messaging facility disabled, post in here if you wish to grab a mod or admin's attention. Can also be used to get the attention of other users which keeps the rest of the forum clean of 'OI' and 'FAO' posts!

Sagaris

some help please :)

Postby Sagaris » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:09 pm

Hi Loz,(or anyone else that can help)
me and a friend have just begin kenjutsu and we are looking for suitable blades to purchase, i have find some very nice swords on the site but I was looking at the united cutlery website and found a United Black Kogane Dynasty Forged Katana Damascus(link to it below)

http://www.unitedcutlery.com/ProductDetail.aspx?itemno=UC2579&cat=UC

would it be possible to get one of these in stock? and if so how much would it be?

Also my friend wishes to know

About the "Huang Ninja Sword":
- What material is the Tsuba made of?
- Is it full tang?
- Is it functional?
- Can I see a picture of the blade?

About the "Ikazuchi Damascus Katana":
- Is it full tang?
- Is It functional?

thanks for your time and help,

Sagaris
“He has honor if he holds himself to an ideal of conduct though it is inconvenient, unprofitable, or dangerous to do so.”
“The most tragic thing in the world is a man of genius who is not a man of honor”

the blade master

Re: some help please :)

Postby the blade master » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:04 pm

hi sagaris
heres a couple of answers for you
all the ninja/katanas here are full tang the tsubas are usually some form of alloy
are they usable well for safteys sake i,d say extreemly light cutting only (pop bottles full of water
cardboard tubes the odd ninja watermellon or surley cuccumber nothing more than that
untill your told by somone who knows more than me about such things best talk to loz or wait till a guy called moon
turns up s for your question about the sword from united and the ikasuchi
best call lawrence on the number on the home page
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Sagaris

Postby Sagaris » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:08 pm

thanks :), Loz has already sent me a pm with the answers as well and sounds good so far :D.

Btw how do you acquire a martial artists license? i am 16 but i should soon be starting kenjutsu so id like to find out for when the time comes that i need to buy a licensed weapon.
“He has honor if he holds himself to an ideal of conduct though it is inconvenient, unprofitable, or dangerous to do so.”
“The most tragic thing in the world is a man of genius who is not a man of honor”

Loz
Blades UK

Postby Loz » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:18 am

join a dojo, they're dotted about all over the place, the bigger associations websites usually have lists of locations.

N:B It will be a couple of years before you can buy an edged sword whether you're licenced or not, of course, it will probably be a good couple of years before your sensei will deem you ready to use one if you study one of the traditional arts.
http://www.Blades-UK.com for your Swords

Sagaris

Postby Sagaris » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:51 pm

ok cheers :), its a shame i cant find a kenjutsu dojo closer to home really. the one i have found at the moment is about an hour away in the car so i might not be able to continue for a full year :(

Moon

Postby Moon » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:21 am

EfrainCase wrote:all the ninja/katanas here are full tang the tsubas are usually some form of alloy.

:roll:
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

Return to “Attention & Announcements”