Orchid Kat Photos

Post photos of your prized collections here.
Geordie Ross

Re: Orchid Kat Photos

Postby Geordie Ross » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:02 pm

Wow I want my tantos bigger brother even more now :|
War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Owner7771

Postby Owner7771 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:36 pm

I may be wrong on this however I believe the Orchid was Miyamoto Musashi's calling card he would cut one using his katana and send it to the person when he was ronin looking for someone worthy to serve as a worthy person to him would understand the skill with a katana to cut a single flower with the presision Musashi had. If I am correct in this recolection ((I read about it something like 20 years ago)) The Orchid Katana isnt girly at all it is merely a homage to Musashi. and if you think Musashi was girly to play with flowers bear in mind it was him who developed the 2 weapon fighting style of Katana and Wakisashi and the offensive and defensive butterfly techniques, To this day he is considered the greatest Swordsman in the history of japan.

Geordie Ross

Postby Geordie Ross » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:00 pm

No you don't understand what I mean, I said it's petite and feminine as in it's lightweight and short. 41 inch, myamoto was over 6ft well above average Japanese hight.
Ps you replied to this on the wrong subject, it was "orchid tanto"
Pps what is the butterfly technique? And no again, Miyamito was a devout buhddist and wouldn't harm plants or animals for devious purpose
Last edited by Geordie Ross on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Owner7771

Postby Owner7771 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:33 pm

Musashi used a shorter katana for the 2 weapon style the one and a half handed more standard katana was too long to use 2 weapons with. But I gues you would prefer a Dao katana a full 2 handed sword. ((not 100% its the right name there Dao I do know its one of the three types of katana but cant remember all of their names there is the 1 handed long sword the 1 and a half handed B*stard varient and the full 2 handed varient)). I dont know the names for the parts I was more interested in martial history as in the people than the weapons other than guns growing up ;). However I would love a reproduction of the black princes battle sword a full 7 foot of steel.

Return to “Your Collections”