New items :-)

Post photos of your prized collections here.
jamesb0551

New items :-)

Postby jamesb0551 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:57 pm

Today the post brought me happiness in the form of two new swords, the Paul Chen Practical Elite and Damascus Ninja Sword.

The Damascus Ninja Sword.

Well where do i start, first of all its beautiful! You can see the folds in the steal on the blade which is incredible it is also rather sharp if you feel a mat has angered you and you should soon cut it into small pieces. The Saya fits the sword perfectly which is a plus for me Im quite picky about that as you'll soon see, the saya itself is black and lacquered which is nice it also has a few embossed stars to break up the otherwise plain saya. Now the Tsuka is standard and beautiful as i have come to expect from BUK's it is double pegged as you can see both mekugi, their is a gold piece under the wrap which is pleasant although i cant make out exactly what it is Im sure ill be corrected. Now the tsuba has a what i beleive is a crane eboseed on it (although i could be wrong im not an ornithologist) and that theme contiues on the other parts around the tsuba which names are eluding me at the moment. All in all this sword is beutiful and I emplor everyone to buy one you won't get any better sword for well over the price of this one, and even better when you get one free ;)

The Paul Chen Practical Plus Elite

All Paul Chen items are quality FACT. This one is no different its a very nice looking but deadly piece. Now this was crafted to wage war on those pesky tameshigiri mats and you find this piece will glide through them with a little training as its very sharp. Now to the sword itself the hamon i beleive is real but enchanced and it looks great youll have hours of please just moving it around in the light to reveal it fully ;). The tsuba is of the sunburst variety and looks great and obviously keeps your hand safe. It is full tang and double pegged although i think this one has been sealed to keep Ross the Geordie and Blademaster from loosing limbs. The Tsuka is huge and has the standard double wrap, now the item underneath i believe is a foo dog, oh and it has real rayskin. My round up on this one is that its a brilliant piece however it has one flaw the saya is rather loose so im going to have to tighten it up apart from that its faultless.

Scores on the doors
Damascus Ninja Sword 10/10 - You will not find a piece better for £100
Paul Chen Practical Elite 09/10 - Only the saya stopped it being a ten aswell

Cheers Guys **nuns*
you must consider every man your enemy who speaks ill of your king, and you must hate a Frenchman as you hate the devil - Horatio Nelson

the blade master

Re: New items :-)

Postby the blade master » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:17 pm

you know james ive seen that first sword somewhere before ah now i remember its on my bedroom wall silly me lols
nice pics there enjoy my friend oh and all you need to do to tighten the saya a bit is glue some very thin shims inside
the mouth of the saya once the glue has dried if the fits a bit tight use a womans nail board to gently widen it a bit so
the katana dont slide out when held upside down (do that on a soft cushion so you dont damage the kat and only a couple
of inches up so you dont end up cutting your self.
mick
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

jamesb0551

Re: New items :-)

Postby jamesb0551 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:55 am

Lazy Paul not fitting all the sayas correctly!

Ill have a go and let you know the results looks pretty easy as it came with instructions.
you must consider every man your enemy who speaks ill of your king, and you must hate a Frenchman as you hate the devil - Horatio Nelson

Return to “Your Collections”