Mells Collection

Post photos of your prized collections here.
Mellony

Mells Collection

Postby Mellony » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:43 pm

After moving house last year, ive finally got round to mounting some of my collection, pics are naff, but thought i'd pop em on here anyway.

First up, my Bushido Katana, Bushido Wakizashi, Chen Pro Tiger Kat, Limited Edition MoMo No Saru Kat (Peach Monkey), ppk, bokken, shirasaya etc

Then onto my lotr stuff, first up, the staffs and shield of gondor

Then onto my other lotr wall, Dagger of the witch king, sams sword, sting, legolas's knives, Aaragorns Dagger, Sword of the witch king, sword of the nasgul

Then onto my 3rd lotr wall, Swords of Théoden, Boromir, Isildur, reforged narsil, Glamdring, and striders sword.

And some other bits that i have not got round to hanging yet, the Hanwei Viking Godfred, the Casiberia Scottish Lowlander, Gimli's axes, Sword of Arwen etc

I must admit the rest is still in boxes, and as for the Uruk-hai, thats never going to see the light of day, i only got it for completeness, despise the looks of it.

In regards to the LOTR items, all i am missing is the scabbards, Eowyns sword, and the most annoying thing, the now-illegal high elven sword - that pissed me off so much
Last edited by Mellony on Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Semper cogitatio.

jamesb0551

Re: Mells Collection

Postby jamesb0551 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:32 am

Very nice! If anything you have too many so if you want donate some ;)
you must consider every man your enemy who speaks ill of your king, and you must hate a Frenchman as you hate the devil - Horatio Nelson

Loz
Blades UK

Postby Loz » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:17 am

nice collection, I finally bought in some of the recent Gimli Bearded Axes and have a Strider Scabbard here for £60, I think it came back as it wasn't a great fit for the sword,the box might be missing it's outer sleeve - thought I;d mention if of interest.

P.S we'll do you a great deal on a Eowyn sword if you wanted, they're on special offer with United Cutlery at the moment.
http://www.Blades-UK.com for your Swords

Geordie Ross

Postby Geordie Ross » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:30 am

Wall to wall of steel, nice lol
War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:13 am

i will admit mell thats one sweet collection there i see we have identical wall racks peach monkeys
chen chinese war swords hadafangs in fact i see we share several pieces now i see a chen lowlander
there whats it like in the hands heavy clumsy good?? i might see if i can get one from lawrence to finish
my scottish sword collection.
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Mellony

Postby Mellony » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:27 am

I got the lowlander of our old friend Logan

Its very clumsy, at 5.75 feet, its nearly as tall as I, however, its also one of my favourite pieces, only problem is, its guard is very very large making it tricky to wall mount, note the rings running 90 degrees from the main hand guard bars

May just have to use a single hook or something

@Loz - i'll throw you an email later regarding the Eowyn and the bearded axe
Semper cogitatio.

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:48 pm

thanks mell
and yes i have the same problems wall mounting my cold steel two handed great sword
with the two grip rings the bracket i now use comes away from the wall giveing me the nessassary clearance needed
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Moon

Postby Moon » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:49 pm

Looking good Mel'. ;)
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

SailorTzipi

Postby SailorTzipi » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:30 am

Really love your collection Mell.

Are there any LOTR weapons you have to get until you have them all? I love Aargons sword. :D

Mellony

Postby Mellony » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:07 pm

Cheers m8

I'm awaiting delivery of Eowyns Sword and Gimlis Bearded axe, then i think i'll have them all except the high elven sword (was made illegal in the sword ban)
Semper cogitatio.

Return to “Your Collections”