Our Little Collection

Post photos of your prized collections here.
the blade master

Re: Our Little Collection

Postby the blade master » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:01 pm

just to let you know steve/guys that is a real scorpion in there
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

liquidator96

Postby liquidator96 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:08 pm

I would definitely recommend the Huang Ninja, the colours compliment each other well in tandem with the Pear Wood saya which, I might add I lightly sanded & applied 2 coats of Beeswax polish.
It may not come across in the pics, but it really brings out the grain & colour, sorry, I'm rambling, the scorpion lock knife is the wifes, as is the Elk Ridge.
Both were obtained from Blades-Uk.
Have you got any pics up?
Martin.
:D

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:19 pm

hi
just finishing a knife im working on check out work in progress
(not made by me just makeing it look better than when i first got it)
mick
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

8steve88

Postby 8steve88 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:24 am

I've been meaning to get some photos taken in a layout style. The Pear Wood saya on the Huang Ninja has been catching my eye for a while, I made a living out of wood (Joiner) and love the different grains and rays in various timbers, there was a product that I used called Briwax that really let the grain shine especially if it was applied over a cellulose sanding sealer, and if a subtle colour change then Rydenor Waxwing used to work well but this Renwax that BUK sells is good stuff. You can't go far wrong if it's given the O.K. by museums.
I thought that the scorpion might be a real one, a friend had one that had been lacquered and I'd swear that it moved slightly from winter to summer.
I've been looking at that Huang Ninja again and I'll just have to wait a bit longer (I was thinking of getting the other Budo Tanto, the Budo Musashi Tanto to go with my Budo Dragon Tanto) but I'll just have make do with my Cold Steel Tanto Lite to pair it with until I can scrape some more money together. Then again the Elk Ridge Hunting Knife (ER52) looks a beautiful blade as well....... So many blades so little money. :cry:
I'm pleased that I got a few fixed blades from BUK before Xmas. It's a strange mix thinking about it, from a dozen throwing knives to a Cutlass Bowie via a Budo Tanto and an Extreme Razor plus a few others.
I feel a photo session coming on.

liquidator96

Postby liquidator96 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:35 pm

Looking foward to seeing those pics,
Martin.
:D

8steve88

Postby 8steve88 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:34 am

Hi Martin, "Looking foward to seeing those pics," I've been a bit busy but I managed to get the camera set up last night and should take some photos this evening, I'll get round to posting some this evening but there's a lot of dross in the "collection". I can guarantee that they are all sharp and all used at one time or another, even if it's only testing by opening envelopes or the packing part of Post and Packing. :D

liquidator96

Postby liquidator96 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:54 am

I shall check back tonight, see you then, Martin. :D

Return to “Your Collections”