work in progress

Post photos of your prized collections here.
the blade master

Re: work in progress

Postby the blade master » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:48 am

oh your such tease :> :>
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Moon

Postby Moon » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:15 pm

Get Ian Atkinson to make you a leather sheath...ya tight git. :>
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:22 pm

:D :D look you just cos my bum squeaks when i walk dont mean im tight :D :D seriously moon ive thought about him he,s just 50 miles from me so its no hardship to ask him going by his prices £40 plus postage aint at all bad only problem is he may not have a rambo3 as a model which means i,ll have to send him mine which im loathe to do i dont much fancy looseing in the post im just wondering if he will work from a detailed patterni,ll ask him and see
mick
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Moon

Postby Moon » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:15 pm

the blade master wrote::D :D look you just cos my bum squeaks when i walk dont mean im tight :D :D seriously moon ive thought about him he,s just 50 miles from me so its no hardship to ask him going by his prices £40 plus postage aint at all bad only problem is he may not have a rambo3 as a model which means i,ll have to send him mine which im loathe to do i dont much fancy looseing in the post im just wondering if he will work from a detailed patterni,ll ask him and see
mick

You won't know unless you ask, he does some outstanding work with leather as you know and you can send the knife by special delivery for about £5 I think and that's insured up to £500. ;)
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:29 pm

well moon ive been in touch he cant work from a pattern he needs the knife to work from so i,ll have to try a bit of diy and see how that works out
its £40 to £90 for a blade my size
mick
forum moderator

jamesb0551

Postby jamesb0551 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:03 pm

Can this bloke make any knife sheath as I need a new machete sheath mines dying from being 70 year old hah. Please pm the details someone
you must consider every man your enemy who speaks ill of your king, and you must hate a Frenchman as you hate the devil - Horatio Nelson

Moon

Postby Moon » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:15 am

http://www.ianatkinson.net
Ian doesn't sell blades so he's not in competition with B-UK. ;)
There are other leather workers who are cheaper but I've no idea if the quality is comparable or not.

jamesb0551

Postby jamesb0551 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:30 am

Cheers moon

Just looked £50-90 is too expensive I'll email him and see what the price is but thats too high. I only paid £30 for the machete lol
you must consider every man your enemy who speaks ill of your king, and you must hate a Frenchman as you hate the devil - Horatio Nelson

Moon

Postby Moon » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:49 am

jamesb0551 wrote:Cheers moon

Just looked £50-90 is too expensive I'll email him and see what the price is but thats too high. I only paid £30 for the machete lol

I wouldn't pay that kind of money either James, not for a £30 machete but he's the 'Mr Kipling' of leather and makes exceedingly good sheaths. :mrgreen:

jamesb0551

Postby jamesb0551 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:56 am

Hmmm I'm off to stoneleigh military fair next week see if I can find a replacement and a first pattern fairbairn Sykes :)

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:50 pm

jame hi
his sheaths are ok for custom/quality knives but a wee bit over the top for a cheap mashete
but as youve said go to military fairs you never know you luck if not one will turn up sooner or
later as there easy enough to come by
mick
forum moderator

Return to “Your Collections”