YET EVEN MORE

Post photos of your prized collections here.
luke20

Re: YET EVEN MORE

Postby luke20 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:48 pm

I bought that bronze/gold folded katana yesterday and it's coming tomorrow, can't wait :D

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:33 pm

well are you in for a treat

oh geordie the brown bits on the gold saya are real bufallo horn the brown dont half set of the gold of the saya
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Geordie Ross

Postby Geordie Ross » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:09 pm

Damn, I want one so much, and the tachi :|
War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:36 pm

well you could ask santa lols

well guys heres the latest addition a very nice limited edition colt bowie
a present from a good friend of mine with belive it or not one of the best leather
sheaths ive had in a long time two tone brown and tan very nice indeed from of course
bucks

forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Geordie Ross

Postby Geordie Ross » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:42 pm

Looks a beauty mick, :> but you may need to resize your pics, seems to be cutting half the right hand side off :|

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:57 pm

its probebly the way i took the the pics geordie
forum moderator

Moon

Postby Moon » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:26 am

the blade master wrote:its probebly the way i took the the pics geordie

Nope, they're too big...800x600 for forums Mick. ;)

"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:29 am

ah well back to imageshack then :D :D

forum moderator

gooseman

Postby gooseman » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:51 pm

Mick BaBy !!!

Love that colt bowie !! i gotta do one like that !!!
the sheath is a work of art, the two tone leather is great
damm Mick ya got ANY room in that house ya live in ?????

da gooseman

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:19 pm

you know goose it would be nice to see your take on that bowie and belive it or not it was the sheath
that made me want to buy it its one of the few bowies i have that has a genuine all leather sheath
and a two tone colour that really stands out the knife seems to fit the hand really well its not as big
as some of my larger bowiesbuit then dose it have to be blades just short of 8 inches so if the need
ever arose it looks like it would aquite its self very well i tried the paper cutting test which it passed
with flying colours the handle seems to be made of some sort of nutty brown hardwood takes a polish
real well oh one thing to watch out for if you want to make a copy is the spine aint flat theres two curves
the first is a gentle one from the cross guard to the start of the recurve the second is your normal clip
point
forum moderator

Geordie Ross

Postby Geordie Ross » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:51 pm

Its an impressive piece of steel, the sheath is a beauty, love the rustic outback look of it.

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:56 pm

now all i need is some fancy bits for the cord ends
forum moderator

Lone Wolf

Postby Lone Wolf » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:46 pm

Somehow I think the popper lets it down it should be all brass and rustic looking unless its brightness is a result of the flash? Other then that it js the finest sheath I've ever seen.

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:52 pm

aye a brass popper would have set it off nice but concidering where it was made i cant grumble to much
and the sheath dose look like a custom job that had it been so would have cost a fortune all in all it gets
a thumbs up from me

heres my latest pieces for geordie as my email is playing silly buggers at the moment
the chinese short sword/large dagger (more a large knife works better that way with
brass fittings a very tastey pattern welded/folded carbon steel blade but i dont know what wood is
used for the sheath or handel but it dose look nice tho

heres the koto golden sakura katana its differentialy temperd with a real clay temperd hamon silk ito
with i think a wolf or some sort of cat menuki dont bother looking for it on the koto site as its not listed there yet
nor is there any sort of i d/model number (the golden sakura) is my name for it as theres no listing for it
the saya also has buffalo horn fittings

forum moderator

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:06 pm

ok Geordie
as you've asked heres a couple of pics of the matrix katana not at all bad for the money
decent ito which is a nice change and a good finish all round slightly blackend menuki
and a well finished brass habaki and whats really good is the emporer node on one piece
of the same unusual on a kat in this price range so only one more kat to get and both racks
of eight will be full again lols probably get no 8 on page 3 of hand forged samurai swords
forum moderator

Return to “Your Collections”