My katanas

Post photos of your prized collections here.
luke20

Re: My katanas

Postby luke20 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:56 pm

just got to say I've been trying out my bronze katana on some milk bottles filled with water for the first time and it sliced through them like a hot knife through butter, couldn't be happier :D

Maynar

Postby Maynar » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:22 am

Geordie Ross wrote:The 3 tier stand is good value if you end up getting a three piece set kat wak and tanto, but the tanto needs to be fairly big to fit the 3 tier stand.
True, that's why I got one of these:

I'm happy to put a kat and a wak (or ko-kat) on a two-tier and and the tantos on their own rack, simply because the length disparity is an issue on full-sized stands. This allows one's collection to grow gradually -I hate seeing empty spaces on a rack-

I like three-space wallmounts,instead of a 10-space floor stand (not that there's anything wrong with that). :D
I am Brother Maynar, keeper of the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch. And the number of the counting, shall be three.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:07 am

very nice set you have there maynar
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Maynar

Postby Maynar » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:31 am

Thanks Mick.

They're through-hardened and sharp, the purple one in the middle has horimono and a unokubi-style blade.

The red one on bottom is pattern weld with horimono, hada is nice and subtle. Koshirae on all is hamidashi. Fun thing is, these were all budget pieces.

Love me some tanto rack. :D
I am Brother Maynar, keeper of the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch. And the number of the counting, shall be three.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:53 am

yes those tanto,s with horimono do look very nice
ive just resently got one from buks the the musashi
tanto its got an engraving on each side nicly done too
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

gooseman

Postby gooseman » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:53 pm

Maynar
May we see the three Tanto Blades??

da gooseman

Maynar

Postby Maynar » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:10 am

Of course, Gooseman. Forgive the quality, and I'm a fumblefingers but here goes:

Maynar

Postby Maynar » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:19 am

Oh Man, I gotta tellya. Photobucket SUCKS these days! This forum wants 800x600. PB uploads whatever res my camera captures. So I gotta proof every image and edit size accordingly. I only had ten images in the "album" but I lost track of which ones I edited for size anyway.

This BITES.

Sorry Goose, it's hit or miss at this point. I think they're deliberately making the internets harder to use so we'll shut up and go home.

:(

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:38 pm

hey maynar allways remember big is beautyfull :D
forum moderator

gooseman

Postby gooseman » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:56 pm

Maynar
thanks for da pic's!! really nice Tanto's there, i like the shape of the blades not your normal tanto.
I've only got a few tantos, the orcid, the pracical, and the o-tanto warrior , and the ones i forged(which i don't count really) if i get my butt on a stick i'll put up some pics, (work right now no pics)
thanks again
da gooseman

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:57 pm

hi goose
just saying hello seeing as your online or were?
forum moderator

Maynar

Postby Maynar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:15 am

My pleasure Goose. The blue tsuka is attached to a Kris Cutlery O-kissaki folded tanto whose blade is quite striking. I'll try again this weekend and hopefully get some pics of that up. I'm sure you'll like it.

Return to “Your Collections”