Thanks for great service

Post photos of your prized collections here.
Balian

Thanks for great service

Postby Balian » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:14 pm

I have a couple of Barnett swords and swore I wouldn't buy another but I have always like the English Swept Hilt Rapier, so I bought one. Problems were expected and there was, the scabbard was marked quite badly near the throat, so I returned just the scabbard. Lawrence has been a star, he went over all his stock and found me the best of the bunch, great service. The rapier itself is in my opinion the best Barnett has done with regard balance. It's fairly light too but that could be down to the narrow blade. Overall the best Barnett I've seen so far.

Anyway more temptation got the better of me and during my call to Lawrence, I also ordered a Dragon Katana for £135. Both the replaced scabbard and sword arrived two days later. I haven't had much time with the Dragon Katana but enough to get a feel for it. Despite the bohi it is still a tad heavy compared to my autumn bamboo. But beautiful blade and fittings. The saya is particularly nice, a little rattle can be felt when the sword is sheathed but nothing to to be bothered about. I was surprised at no stand or maintenance kit, good job I have a spare.

Before you ask Ross I didn't go for the £99 tachi because I'm not keen on the curve of the blade, a bit too curvy for my taste.

Blades are simply unbeatable for service, price and quality. Spread the word folks.

Geordie Ross

Re: Thanks for great service

Postby Geordie Ross » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:50 pm

Is that the balian that makes leather crafts?
War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Balian

Postby Balian » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:02 pm

Yeah that would be me, haven't done much as I have been tied up selling my business and have recently started a new job but I will be doing leather stuff again, in fact I'm going to make a frog for my newly aquired rapier.

Geordie Ross

Postby Geordie Ross » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:54 pm

Yippee! I'm still interested in the leather holster for my beretta m9 if you still have the time to make it?

And you should definitely get the tachi! Its a bargain for its quality!
Last edited by Geordie Ross on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:48 am

a man that dont like curves very strange :> my missus is full of them nice one,s too :D :D
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Balian

Postby Balian » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:18 pm

Oh I like curves, my wife has them too :D I did consider the tachi but liked the dragon more, each to their own. Anyone got a baby doll kat, the one for £89 any good?

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:25 pm

lots of people talking about that katana but no one i know has bought one yet
i,ll have to try and get a decent pic see what its really like
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Return to “Your Collections”