teabag's stuffs

Post photos of your prized collections here.
teabag

teabag's stuffs

Postby teabag » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:28 pm

howdy humans, teabag here
im a new customer to this awesome site and am ready to show my sword pictures arrrr
this is the one i purchased http://www.blades-uk.com/products.php?id=4716
it is the cheapest curved blade in the site and it is my first ever sword
first impressions?; very happy with it, when i first unpacked it i was like 'holy sh*t this is very real'
to take advantage of the spend at least £40 incentive and get other stuff for lowered price, ih ave also purchaed a machete; http://www.blades-uk.com/products.php?id=4381

picture time;
sheathed machete
it is a utilatarian sheath, it holds the machete fine with a velcro strap so it doesnt slip out.. what more can i say..

the blade itself; it is fairly weighty, havent tested it yet but i imagine it wouldnt have problems opening a coconut.. has an ornate puncher hole
the whole thing through to the handle is made with 1 piece of metal and the handle is covered with cord (doesnt feel too snug when swinging it around though)
the blade is thicker than i expected, it kinda looks like a kitchen knife as opposed to how a bolo looks and feels. i am originally form the philippines and we have these machete like blades called bolo; they look primitive but they are prety sharp

the first time i came across this kind of handle

pretty patterns i suppose

Now on to the main course
the budget katana in its coffin
this box is alright i suppose, better than nothing..

it comes with this maintenance kit.. a bottle of idk what's inside, a napkin, a baby hammer, and a ball and stick.

for a cheap catana, youre quite generous to provide 2 free tsubas.. now to learn how to take apart the katana..

neaet handle, snug to the touch.. flash is on on the camera so it isnt as yellow as it appears but more like this in perrson;

im very curios as to what that thing is and am tempted to pluck it out

golden tsuba is unique and pretty

extra shiney, perfect for drawing the attention of all enemies in the battle field

as bender says; eat my shiney metal butt

curvy, ooh la lah

the blade has some blemishes as advertised, but it is pretty solid. no wavy hamon though.

my collection so far. like any normal person, ive decided to name them; meet golden boy, heavy metal, and scratchy the dragon

havent polished both of them yet..

this is my first knife purchase, have had it for a while and used it to scrape off paint in the bathroom

verdict;
will buy again!

one question though;
ive skimmed through the maintenence post but can i use wd40/gt85 as alternative oil for polishing??

thank you for reading.

the blade master

Re: teabag's stuffs

Postby the blade master » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:54 pm

ball and stick? baby hammer? and worse still a napkin? :roll: :roll: :roll: probably has Chinese sake in the bottle :twisted: :twisted:
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

teabag

Re: teabag's stuffs

Postby teabag » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:18 pm

the blade master wrote:baby hammer?

i was a bit disapointed when i found out it wasnt a smoking pipe

probably has Chinese sake in the bottle :twisted: :twisted:

the elixir of immortality!?
cool, it also came with silica gel branded peanuts

Return to “Your Collections”