new additions

Post photos of your prized collections here.
the blade master

new additions

Postby the blade master » Sun May 15, 2016 2:33 pm

hi dave
you asked for some pics of my new additions
so here you are sorry about the pictures just too damn lazy
to do my own
1796 light cavalry sabre by cold steel mines the one in steel scabard

man at arms grosse messer by cold steel with blued steel blade and as are the fittings
-proper blueing by the way not the baked on epoxy crap decent rosewood handle scales too

1830 napoleon sabre by cold steel

cold steel o katana 36 inch blade 12 inch handle

theres also a warrior katana (looks like the o katana but is 6 inches shorter
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

liquidator96

Re: new additions

Postby liquidator96 » Sun May 15, 2016 5:50 pm

:D
Absolutely gorgeous!
The Grosse Messer looks like a beast, easily able to cut a man in two!
What is the quality of the CS O Katana in comparison to Hanwei or B-UK?

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Sun May 15, 2016 9:53 pm

sorry dave but I did do a review but got timed out for some reason and just cant be ar++d
to do it again but take it from me the o katana is every thing you could wish for in a katana
and then some.
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

liquidator96

Postby liquidator96 » Wed May 18, 2016 1:19 pm

Cheers Mick, I'll have to add it to 'the list', btw, you don't know anyone with a few K laying around do you....... ;)

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Wed May 18, 2016 2:04 pm

sorry pass :dunno:
hi dave
here,s a pic of the (fromleft to right)

the 1830 napoleon
the 1796 light cavalry sabre,s
and the grosse messer

yes both the o katana and warrior katana are worth putting on your list the only main difference
is the blade on the o katana is 7 ins longer its also thicker and wider than the warrior katana
but the quality of the finish on both blades is the same and yes I would put bothon par with the
high end chens if not slightly better but that's just my opinion.
forum moderator

liquidator96

Postby liquidator96 » Mon May 23, 2016 11:54 pm

Cheers for the advice dude, now here's a tricky one.........which is your favorite out of all 5 & which is the favorite sabre..........?

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Tue May 24, 2016 11:24 am

hi dave
because of the fit and finish being 100% all round the first two would have to be
the o katana and the warrior katana then 3 4 5 would be anyones guese as they are
equall in fit and finish the only minor niggles I have about the napoleon and the 1796
light sabre is they are not as described in the official blurb from cold steel i.e. there supposed
to have wooden liners in the scabbard not so its just two strips of polythene with double sided sticky pads
on each strip to stop any rattles apart from that theres no problems with either the grosser I got wasn't the one I was
hoping for but that's not a problem for me I got the one with the blued steel blade proper blueing by the way
not the epoxy coated crap (its from the man at arms cold steel range with proper rosewood handle scales)
the other has the polished steel blade with rosewood handle scales as an aside note the blued steel version look like
it can be completely stripped down for cleaning etc due to the chicargo type screws on the handle scale and another similer type on the pommel where the polished blade version cant be due to the normal rivets holding it all together
heres a pic theres a third similar screw fitting not shown in the end of the pommel

heres the handle on the normal polished blade version two standard pressed rivets and no thired rivet on the pommel
holding it to the tang I presume its threaded its self and screwed on direct to the tang

forum moderator

liquidator96

Postby liquidator96 » Wed May 25, 2016 2:46 am

Excellent!
I also shows that what you may think is a better version is not always so, your version of the Grosse Messer is far better than the one you wanted originally, double win!

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Wed May 25, 2016 12:05 pm

too right my friend I sure aint dissapointed so for your edification check out the cold steel
man at arms range bet theres at least a couple of items there that will tickle your fancy
for sure check out the man at arms messer (not the grosse messer) but the one called the messer
product code (88gssm) it sure puts most bowie,s to shame:D
forum moderator

liquidator96

Postby liquidator96 » Thu May 26, 2016 2:37 am

Cheers mick, :D

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Thu May 26, 2016 12:15 pm

your more than welcome :D

oh nearly forgot if theres owt you fancy at cold steel (or any other site) and Lawrence don't show it on
the site call him and if possible he will order it in for you
forum moderator

Return to “Your Collections”