Roman Gladiator Helmet Pictures

Reviews of Blades-UK products as provided by the customers

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Kalith

Roman Gladiator Helmet Pictures

Post by Kalith » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:31 am

I got my hands on a digital camera so I thought I'd take some pictures \o/
I had seen plenty of the Gladiator replica helmets kicking around on the internet but they looked pretty rubbish, then I saw this one on b-uk and thought it looked really good. I got it at the pre-order price as well so that was nice.

It comes with a layer of grease for protection I'm guessing but that wipes off fine with a bit of washing up liquid and a rag.

There are two small streaks of what looks like metal residue or something near the back on the side, but I think that's probably just mines, I'm not too fussed about it though, It's not overly noticeable. Some of the spikes were a bit loose but they're held in with screws so I just tightened them up with a screwdriver and they're nice and tight now.

Not much else I can say about it really, you either like the look of it or you don't :D

Keep in mind though, this isn't an amazing top quality helmet. The helmets in the bottom picture are the official Achilles helm and the official 300 Spartan helm which were around 4 times the price of the Gladiator and make it pale in comparison :D
As I said it's a nice looking helmet though and I'm happy with it.