Golden Oriole Pictures

Reviews of Blades-UK products as provided by the customers

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Kalith

Golden Oriole Pictures

Post by Kalith » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:54 am

Yey, my first ever sword!

Seen I can't really give any kind of technical review, I'll put it into words we can all understand: This thing is feckin' sweet.

I know you all luff the first generation tsuba, but this one is still really really nice :D I've got a couple of pics of it up close for everyone to see, I think they do it a lot more justice than the one on the website.

If B-UK wanted to use them that would be fine; I think it might attract more people to get one if they can see more details of the tsuba The sword is also down to £349.99 now people, so even more reason to get one :)

The temper line is really nice and looks great when the light shines on it. I tried to get good pictures of it below. It was difficult though, trying to hold it and the camera and get it in good lightning at the same time, but I've tried my best.

I haven't tried cutting anything with it; I don't have any training of any kind and I'm too scared incase I damage it.

All in all I'm really happy with it, I love the colour and the saya is nice and smooth. I'll be sending for the wakizashi on monday :)

kirisute

Post by kirisute » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:46 am

its a lovely sword...and for your sake and the katana's....dont be tempted to cut anything.....we wouldnt wish your next post to be titiled..."how to fix a broken sword and simply sewing technqiues for missing fingers".....LOL
congrats on your purchase!

Kalith

Post by Kalith » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:59 pm

Hehehehe don't worry I'll resist that temptation. My stand just arrived this morning so about to go and set it up.
I'm going to get the Tiger katana just before the ban, and if I have enough money I'll get a PKK and use that for fun cutting filled water bottles etc and maybe practise dismantling it. I don't want to take my GO apart because I'm not sure I could get it back together again at the moment :D

Blackbird

Post by Blackbird » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:47 pm

I wouldnt worry about dismantleing it, I've had mine fer years without taking it appart and its perfect.