fenghuang katana

Reviews of Blades-UK products as provided by the customers

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

the blade master

Re: fenghuang katana

Postby the blade master » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:49 pm

thank you
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Geordie Ross

Postby Geordie Ross » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:51 pm

froller2 wrote:my fenghuang katana came today and i can honestly say i'm very happy about it! the sword is a beauty for the eye, i got it around 8 days after the order was places (it was shipped monday).
very good site definitely gonna shop here again!

That's better, did you get a maintenance kit with it?
War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

froller2

Postby froller2 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:55 pm

Geordie Ross wrote:
froller2 wrote:my fenghuang katana came today and i can honestly say i'm very happy about it! the sword is a beauty for the eye, i got it around 8 days after the order was places (it was shipped monday).
very good site definitely gonna shop here again!

That's better, did you get a maintenance kit with it?

no i didn't get the maintenance kit, already have one though. got a dvd from koto with the box

Geordie Ross

Postby Geordie Ross » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:59 pm

Give the blade a good clean with some rice paper or a dry paper towel, the folded patterns will jump out. Make sure to keep it oiled to prevent rusting.

froller2

Postby froller2 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:02 pm

Geordie Ross wrote:Give the blade a good clean with some rice paper or a dry paper towel, the folded patterns will jump out. Make sure to keep it oiled to prevent rusting.

yea i oiled it before i took the pictures as you can see one of them

Geordie Ross

Postby Geordie Ross » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:15 pm

You may want to buy a tub of Renaissance wax, you may be able to buy it locally, it really is the best way to prevent rust and keep you blade in great condition, it also prevents fingerprints and leaves a glassy finish on the steel.

froller2

Postby froller2 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:21 pm

Geordie Ross wrote:You may want to buy a tub of Renaissance wax, you may be able to buy it locally, it really is the best way to prevent rust and keep you blade in great condition, it also prevents fingerprints and leaves a glassy finish on the steel.

there is no danish vendor selling that

Geordie Ross

Postby Geordie Ross » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:26 pm

Try eBay or amazon, if you still can't find any, order a tub with your next sword.

froller2

Postby froller2 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:51 pm

Geordie Ross wrote:Try eBay or amazon, if you still can't find any, order a tub with your next sword.

isnt the oil enought if i oil it weekly?

liquidator96

Postby liquidator96 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:55 pm

That's a cracking sword you have there, good pics too, I have to agree with Ross about the Renaissance Wax, oil is,fine, but the wax will last much longer, it shouldn't be that expensive, it's well worth investing in a small tin, :D

froller2

Postby froller2 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:59 pm

liquidator96 wrote:That's a cracking sword you have there, good pics too, I have to agree with Ross about the Renaissance Wax, oil is,fine, but the wax will last much longer, it shouldn't be that expensive, it's well worth investing in a small tin, :D

well i got around 10 bottles of hanweis sword oil o..o

Geordie Ross

Postby Geordie Ross » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:02 pm

Oil works fine, but its difficult to get an even layer, it can result in small rust spots, it can also damage the wood on the inside of the saya by soaking it.

froller2

Postby froller2 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:58 pm

Geordie Ross wrote:Oil works fine, but its difficult to get an even layer, it can result in small rust spots, it can also damage the wood on the inside of the saya by soaking it.

ok so less oil next time;e

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:26 pm

froller2 wrote:
Geordie Ross wrote:Oil works fine, but its difficult to get an even layer, it can result in small rust spots, it can also damage the wood on the inside of the saya by soaking it.

froller
now i know whats been bothering me about that picture theres way to much oil on the blade
just a couple of drops on the blade is all you need then wipe it over with a clean cloth
that much oil on your blade as in the picture will do more harm that good by damaging the saya
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

froller2

Postby froller2 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:01 pm

the blade master wrote:
froller2 wrote:

froller
now i know whats been bothering me about that picture theres way to much oil on the blade
just a couple of drops on the blade is all you need then wipe it over with a clean cloth
that much oil on your blade as in the picture will do more harm that good by damaging the saya

well i the jar the oil is in was very oily so it slipped when i was pouring some of it on a cloth, so its really soaked now:S

i did remove the oil and reoil it a few hours ago so it isnt as bad

Return to “Customer Reviews”