MTech Trail Blazer Bowie Knife (MT 151)

Reviews of Blades-UK products as provided by the customers

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

liquidator96

MTech Trail Blazer Bowie Knife (MT 151)

Postby liquidator96 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:43 pm

I received this today & it's a good 'un!
The first thing you'll notice is that it's a 'copy' of the Cold Steel Trail Master Bowie, but at £25 a hell of a lot cheaper.
Now you may think this is a bad thing, but this is a well made knife, it's 14 3/4" overall with a 9" blade & 1/4" thick spine, heavy duty cross-guard & a very secure rubber grip with lanyard hole, all finished in a textured non-reflective coating, (Teflon maybe?).
It's not that heavy for it's size, my Dundee Bowie is much heavier, and the Point of Balance is about an inch from the Guard, making it well balanced.
Some people will use para-cord through the lanyard hole for security of grip, but I'm not sure it's needed, the textured rubber feels very secure to me, I'd have to really be swinging it about with oil covered hands for it to even have a chance of slipping I.M.O.!
It's made from 440A, but before I decided on buying it I looked at a few YouTube vids, apart from one vid in which the blade had snapped off at the cross-guard, the rest of them were all very positive, although if you do look any up yourself use the MTech MT 151 designation, my personal favourite is titled 'MT-151 vs, red brick'.
Just a quick note on the sheath, it's the usual cordura with a Velcro fastener, nothing special, but it is 'ambidextrous', the knife fits snugly for left or right handed drawing, take note all you south-paws!
For those of us on a budget who want one of the more expensive knives, I'd definitely look at the cheaper alternatives, you'd be surprised how good some of them are, MTech are well known for 'cloning' the big boys & I think they do a bang-up job.
Overall I'm very happy with this knife & I'd say it's outstanding value for money. :D

Return to “Customer Reviews”