hunting tanto

Reviews of Blades-UK products as provided by the customers

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Lone Wolf

hunting tanto

Postby Lone Wolf » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:34 pm

15.5" Overall with a 10" sharpened, forged carbon steel blade. Pegged tang, hardwood handle and scabbard with imitation leather belt loop and belt fixing. 1cm thick spine. Exceptional quality, amazing price. £34.

This is the main reason why I ordered, its lovely never seen anything like it, it reminds me of a sushi knive in its style, its heavy and natural looking with its plan wood handle and unfinished looking blade, the saya has a belt fixing which is easily removed as its held on by two buckles above and below the kurikata yes the sheath resembles a saya when the belt fixing is off and its a koto.

Pros. Its well made and uniquely styled.
Cons. Small amount of glue visible where the blade goes in, shame the belt fixing isn't real leather.

liquidator96

Re: hunting tanto

Postby liquidator96 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:17 pm

Tasty! and rather unique I'll wager, the only time I've seen anything resembling it is in 'Yojimbo', used by Toshiro Mifune towards the end of the movie, :D

Geordie Ross

Postby Geordie Ross » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:30 pm

That's pretty damn groovy.
War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Lone Wolf

Postby Lone Wolf » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:55 pm

liquidator96 wrote:Tasty! and rather unique I'll wager, the only time I've seen anything resembling it is in 'Yojimbo', used by Toshiro Mifune towards the end of the movie, :D

I'll have to dig that out and have a look, that makes it even cooler. See it looks alot like a sushi knife.

liquidator96

Postby liquidator96 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:59 pm

I see what you mean, it may have been a sushi knife in Yojimbo, it's still a dead cool knife though, is it left-draw only or ambidex-draw? :D

Lone Wolf

Postby Lone Wolf » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:44 pm

Its shaped inside to fit the blade same as a nihonto saya so you can't turn it round.

Moon

Postby Moon » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:10 pm

liquidator96 wrote:Tasty! and rather unique I'll wager, the only time I've seen anything resembling it is in 'Yojimbo', used by Toshiro Mifune towards the end of the movie, :D

Google - Kanetsune Kiwami.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

Geordie Ross

Postby Geordie Ross » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:31 pm

The sushi knifes have hamons :mrgreen:
War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:15 am

stupid boy :roll:
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

liquidator96

Postby liquidator96 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:19 am

Very interesting Moon, although they are very expensive, looks like Koto are following some other manufacturers like MTech & creating affordable 'clones'.
Great news for buyers on a budget, :D

Lone Wolf

Postby Lone Wolf » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:53 pm

Geordie Ross wrote:The sushi knifes have hamons :mrgreen:

Errm yes no sh*t, I would think so too for ¥29, 000 (£190).

Lone Wolf

Postby Lone Wolf » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:55 pm

Moon wrote:

Google - Kanetsune Kiwami.

Cooooooolllll!

Altho I see many for sale I see no history for it, is it a military/hunting knife produced by makers of kitchen knives?

Moon

Postby Moon » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:38 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Cooooooolllll!

Altho I see many for sale I see no history for it, is it a military/hunting knife produced by makers of kitchen knives?

Somebody has to say it so it just as well be me.
If you'd like your questions to be answered with the respect that I hope you deserve, please don't ever tell anybody here to "f*ck off" again, I read and copied your last post in that other locked thread before it was edited. ;)
Last edited by Moon on Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

Lone Wolf

Postby Lone Wolf » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:38 pm

If you don't like it don't invoke my wrath as someone who was badly treated as a child I do not appreciate being accused of child abuse by some stranger on the net merely because my other half is a miserable git whos always shouting.

As you can clearly see I hold no grudges and carry on, I don't drag things into other threads but if you press my buttons you will be made aware of it, it's extremely hurtful to accuse someone of such trash.

wtf?

Postby wtf? » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:41 pm

Moon wrote:BTW
Somebody has to say it so it just as well be me.
If you'd like your questions to be answered with the respect that I hope you deserve, please don't ever tell anybody here to "f*ck off" again, I read and copied your last post in that other locked thread before it was edited. ;)

Thats interesting... I didnt see that, as it goes... Theres about a 1 in 3 chance are it was aimed at me :) .... How nostalgic.

Lone Wolf wrote:don't invoke my wrath

Dont... Invoke... Your........... Wrath?

..... :|
..... :S
..... :D
..... :mrgreen:

extremely hurtful to accuse someone of such trash.

Trust me... Its as painfull, if not more so to hear such trash... And I use the word "trash" very carefully...
God i LOVE these things.

Im not sure what weapons will be used to fight WWIII, but i know that WWIV will be waged with wooden sticks.

Return to “Customer Reviews”