spring theme katana

Reviews of Blades-UK products as provided by the customers

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Lone Wolf

spring theme katana

Postby Lone Wolf » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:44 pm

40" Overall with a 27.5" sharpened, hand forged, high carbon steel blade. Black cotton ito and genuine same handle wrap, brass habaki and fittings. Full tang and double pegged.Complete in brocade box with maint kit, certificate, production DVD and storage sleeve, bargain!
Price 54 quid in incentive offer otherwise 79.

Much better then I thought it would be, very solid, standard blade with machined hamon of course, but its piano black shiny saya, gold fittings, white and black handle with gold dragons I think they are and black tsuba with gold highlighted areas makes it very elegant and lovely looking when closed, could be mistaken for one costing 3 times as much in a display I reckon.

Pros. Looks lovely, maintenance kit, bag etc included absolute bargain at 54 and very good for 79 too.
Cons. Cant stand machined hamons rather it be left blank.

Packing grease left on as its not mine.

liquidator96

Re: spring theme katana

Postby liquidator96 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:12 pm

Nice sword, Koto do appear to be excellent value for money, I suppose the hamon is subjective, while I to would like real ones, I'm not against the etched ones, provided there not done by David Blunket, :D

the blade master

Re: spring theme katana

Postby the blade master » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:34 pm

what ever you get just dont let geordie and his bloody accusharp near it lols
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Return to “Customer Reviews”