Deluxe Boot Knife

Reviews of Blades-UK products as provided by the customers

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

liquidator96

Deluxe Boot Knife

Postby liquidator96 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:11 pm

Deluxe Boot Knife (or MTech MT-20-03 if you want specifics ;) )

I received this the other day, it’s a lot better than I was expecting, the first thing that struck me was the weight, it’s not overly heavy, but you know your holding a solid, well made knife.
It’s 9” overall with a 4” Grip & 4” Double Edged Blade with a Full Tang Thickness of 4mm.
It came very sharp out of the box, the Sheath is also very well made, a Semi-Rigid Nylon affair, better than I was expecting as well.
It doesn’t have a ‘Boot Knife’ type of attachment, just a standard Belt Loop, personally I prefer this set-up, it’s very easy to handle & quite well balanced, although I’ve not really said a lot, those who have read my other reviews know I tend to drone on ( :roll: ), but take that as a good thing.
Overall I’m extremely happy with my purchase, if your looking for a good quality Dagger for an outstanding price, (£15 + £4 p&p), I would seriously recommend this knife, ‘It’s a Cracker!’

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Re: Deluxe Boot Knife

Postby Big Lazy » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:48 pm

Larn approves :mrgreen:
Pimp or die baby!

pjm

Postby pjm » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:11 pm

see i do like it but one thing i do have against a few of the blades on knives and daggers is if they have a brushed effect, i like my blades shiny lolol
If i didn't have bad luck i would have no luck at all

Moon

Postby Moon » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:23 pm

pjm wrote:see i do like it but one thing i do have against a few of the blades on knives and daggers is if they have a brushed effect, i like my blades shiny lolol

Yeah but when you use a mirror polished blade it's a right PITA to keep it shiny, when it's a brushed finish anybody can remove scuffs and scratches with minimal time, cost and effort - especially if you're a lazy skinflint like me. :D
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:30 pm

hello skintflint :D
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

pjm

Postby pjm » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:36 pm

Moon wrote:
pjm wrote:see i do like it but one thing i do have against a few of the blades on knives and daggers is if they have a brushed effect, i like my blades shiny lolol

Yeah but when you use a mirror polished blade it's a right PITA to keep it shiny, when it's a brushed finish anybody can remove scuffs and scratches with minimal time, cost and effort - especially if you're a lazy skinflint like me. :D

i have a katana with a mirror polished blade so i dont mind keeping it shiny, in fact its pretty easy to do so, so keeping a wee knife blade shiny would be a breeze
If i didn't have bad luck i would have no luck at all

Lone Wolf

Postby Lone Wolf » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:32 pm

Thats nice shame its got a nylon sheath instead of a nice black leather one, they don't look in keeping with each other to me because the knife looks very traditional.

liquidator96

Postby liquidator96 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:00 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:Thats nice shame its got a nylon sheath instead of a nice black leather one, they don't look in keeping with each other to me because the knife looks very traditional.

I agree, but that would no doubt increase the cost & not by a little I'd guess, the nylon one is very good, plus you could always get a leather one made, :D

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:00 pm

theres a guy in leeds dose first rate work with leather sheaths custom made to fit each individual
knife if any one,s interested i,ll pm details :D
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Lone Wolf

Postby Lone Wolf » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:23 pm

I think I'll put one of them on the xmas list, only boot knife I got is old and knackered my boyfriend gave me it, he used it in scouts.

wtf?

Postby wtf? » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:02 pm

I think a custom leather sheath might be a bit much for a mtech. lol... Maybe get someone to knock up something in kydex... Even a basic leather one would take the best part of 3 hours labour before materials... That's an expensive case...
God i LOVE these things.

Im not sure what weapons will be used to fight WWIII, but i know that WWIV will be waged with wooden sticks.

Return to “Customer Reviews”