Dragon Folded Katana

Reviews of Blades-UK products as provided by the customers

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

liquidator96

Dragon Folded Katana

Postby liquidator96 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:12 pm

Dragon Folded Katana.

My Wife received this from me for her 39th & she was over the moon, she was particularly attracted to the Dragon Design on the Saya, I pulled a bit of a ‘Con-Job’ on her by telling her that I couldn’t get hold of one, mean of me you may think, but the look on her face when she open it was worth it.
The Saya is awesome, the Dragon Design is amazing & really stands out, I’ve tried to show all sides of the design, but I can’t capture its real beauty.
It also had Buffalo Horn Fittings, although they may not be visible on the photos.
One thing that I’ve found different is the location of the Kurikata, on all of our other Swords it is located about 5 ½ “ from the Koiguchi, but on this Saya it’s 4”, is this ‘usual’ or a rather unique feature?
The Tsuba & Menuki are of Dragons as you would expect, the Brass/Copper colour of the Tsuba stands out very well.
The Blade itself is stunning, the pattern is even more visible than on my Deluxe Folded Katana, its very well balanced, sharp & slightly heavier than ‘plain’ steel, something I’ve noticed with Folded Steel Blades.
Overall my Wife is overjoyed with this truly beautiful sword, its very well made, something I’ve found with Koto Katanas, its very reasonably priced & correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t it the Sister sword to the Fenghuang?
I’d highly recommend this Sword, it’s spectacular!

the blade master

Re: Dragon Folded Katana

Postby the blade master » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:10 pm

hi dave
I have both the fenghuan and the dragon katanas and belive me they make a
fantastic pair on a double stand a( usefull tip) the tsuba is brass on the dragon
and to make it really stand out is to polish just the outside edge as ive done

oh next purchase get the green dragon katana its got a very nice deep green
saya with green ito and leather wrap ito on the tsuka a very nice folded pattern
on the blade and handles like a dream
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

liquidator96

Postby liquidator96 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:04 pm

Youmust have read my mind Mick, I do have my eye on the Green Dragon!
Don't know when we'll have enough for it & the Fenghuang, we've spent about £500+ this year & that's a lot for us, but you never know..........

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:38 pm

hi dave
you just don't know what madam fortune has waiting for you around the next corner eh :D
both kats are first rate but get the fenghuan first you,ll not regret it
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Return to “Customer Reviews”