Schrade Extreme Survival SCHF9

Reviews of Blades-UK products as provided by the customers

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

liquidator96

Schrade Extreme Survival SCHF9

Postby liquidator96 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:31 pm

I received this on Saturday as an early Christmas present, it's something I asked for, I wanted a tough outdoor blade, but didn't quite have to funds for a Becker BK2, I saw quite a few good reviews on YouTube & at £57, it was a fair bit cheaper than the BK2.
Stats: Blade- 1/4" Thick, 6.5" 1095 High Carbon Steel, Full Tang
Grip- 5.5" TPE Handle Scales
Weight- 1lb
It came very sharp, there is a lanyard hole at the base, the grip is quite large, but I can hold easily & I don't have big hands.
Of all my blades, this is the one I would feel confident about doing hard outdoor tasks & it not being damaged, it just 'feels' like a tough nut, (if that makes sense!).
Overall I'm extremely happy with my new addition, I think it represents outstanding Value For Money, & while I may get a BK2 in the future, I'm in no hurry.

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Re: Schrade Extreme Survival SCHF9

Postby Big Lazy » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:17 am

That would look loverly in my collection :mrgreen:
Pimp or die baby!

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Postby Big Lazy » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:24 am

Here's a nice review of the knife in question

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_B0SRsP ... B6C5A15B6F
Pimp or die baby!

liquidator96

Postby liquidator96 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:35 pm

I'm subscribed to that channel & it was one of the vids that helped me make my decision, :D

Moon

Postby Moon » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:27 am

Sweet looking knife which I'm sure is up to most tasks but dark 'coated' blades just don't do it for me - several hard uses of a similar one I had years ago left it looking like a burnt fence. :cry:
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

liquidator96

Postby liquidator96 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:18 pm

I've seen a few YouTube vids where people have removed the coating of their blades with a acid or other chemical wash, but are these 'coatings' actually providing a good corrosion barrier?

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:24 pm

hi dave
I think you will find it dose work as I have seen a couple of these blades coated this
way that are a number of years old and no sign of rust even where the coating has worn
off through use weather this is down to the blades being stainless steel I don't know
oh ive got the ka-bar big brother coming next week thats coated this way and the
gil/wes hibben legasy to that's just polished steel (cant wait)
oh the ka-bar im getting is the 2217 model with the leather handle blades about 5mm thick
10ins long nearly 2ins wide and the pommel held on to the tang with a stainless pin not like the old
ones where it came off if you ever used/abused?? the knife total leangth for the ka-bar is about 15 ins
long or there abouts.
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

liquidator96

Postby liquidator96 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:34 pm

Really looking forward to your review & some pics Mick, especially the Ka-Bar, :D

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:26 pm

no problem :D
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Moon

Postby Moon » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:35 pm

I don't see any point in coating a stainless steel blade except for tactical purposes and just because they're not for me doesn't mean that others shouldn't love 'em.
Each to their own, live and let live etc. ;)
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

Return to “Customer Reviews”