Schrade SCH 302

Reviews of Blades-UK products as provided by the customers

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

liquidator96

Schrade SCH 302

Postby liquidator96 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:09 pm

This is one of four new knives I received the other day.
This is the Schrade SCH 302, made from 8Cr18Mov; it has a 3 ¾ inch blade, with a 5 inch handle, 4.8mm thick, flat ground American tanto blade.
This is the first Frame-Lock knife I’ve owned & I couldn’t be happier with the locking mechanism, it’s very thick & strong.
Now I must say this knife is a tank, it’s all steel construction with just a little G10 spacer means it’s incredibly tough, but also heavy, at nearly 10 ½ oz. its heavy, its actually heavier than some of my fixed blades & while it can be said that the weight is a drawback, I look at it as a half-full kind of way, meaning I look at it being very good at hard use, tough jobs.
I would feel safe Batoning wood with this knife, something I don’t think you can say about most lock knives, it also has a TiN coating to help protect it, dual thumb studs & a blade flipper which also acts as a finger guard, that little space in front of the blade is small enough to act as a choil if your hands are small enough.
I will say that the only downside this has are the thumb studs, they are to close in & don’t offer sufficient purchase as to be really useful, good job it has a flipper then!
Overall I’m very happy with this, I like Schrade as a brand, they are putting out some good stuff at a very reasonable price, I’ll definitely be buying more of their products & if I can other products from their parent company, Taylorbrands.

Lone Wolf

Re: Schrade SCH 302

Postby Lone Wolf » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:21 pm

Thats nice, I've not seen one like that before interesting shape when closed. :D

Return to “Customer Reviews”