CRKT Hammond Cruiser (Desert)

Reviews of Blades-UK products as provided by the customers

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

liquidator96

CRKT Hammond Cruiser (Desert)

Postby liquidator96 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:11 pm

This is one of four new knives I received the other day.
This is the CRKT Hammond Cruiser (Desert), made from 8Cr14Mov, it has a 3 ¾ inch blade, with a 5 ¼ inch handle, 3.3mm thick, hollow ground spear point blade.
This is my first CRKT & I picked another big knife, with it being 9 inches overall and over ¾ of an inch thick, you get a good handful.
It’s (Desert) designation is due to its Tan coloured Zytel handle scales, which are again textured, the blade itself is finished in a bead-blast style.
It has the CRKT LAWKS locking system, which consists of a little ‘switch’ on the top-front-right side if the handle, you push this into the forward position (if you choose to) & this moves a little bar inside the handle which prevents the liner lock from accidently becoming ‘unlocked’, I personally haven’t felt the need to use it, as the locking bar is pretty sound as is, but it’s there should you need it.
It did come amazingly sharp, equal to if not sharper than my Cold Steel Leatherneck Tanto, which held the title of ‘Sharpest Knife’ in my collection.
For a knife of this size, it’s fairly light, tipping the scales at a tad over 6 oz.
All in all I’m very happy with this, CRKT have a good reputation & I now see why, I’ll be looking at them in the future, although quite a lot of their products are a bit on the pricey side for me, there are a few bargains out there, the 2 versions of the Ryan Seven on the B-Uk site come to mind.

the blade master

Re: CRKT Hammond Cruiser (Desert)

Postby the blade master » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:55 pm

looks like it would make a nice pocket knife for me (would you like my address lols :D )
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

liquidator96

Postby liquidator96 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:38 pm

There only £21! :D

Moon

Postby Moon » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:19 pm

Possibly the best value for money folder on the market. ;)
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

liquidator96

Postby liquidator96 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:59 pm

It is indeed, I'm getting another one for the Mrs as she has taken a shine to mine. :D

Return to “Customer Reviews”