Rough Rider Coal Miner

Reviews of Blades-UK products as provided by the customers

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

liquidator96

Rough Rider Coal Miner

Postby liquidator96 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:13 pm

This is one of four new knives I received the other day.
This is the Rough Rider Coal Miner Lockback Knife, it made from 440 Stainless Steel, although I don’t know which version, if I had to hazard a guess I’d say 440A.
It has a 2 ¾ inch blade & 3 ¾ inch handle, making it quite small, this is my first lockback, (it certainly was a day of firsts for me as far as blades go!), it finished in brass and faux jigged black bone scales.
Coal Miner is printed on one side of the blade, while on the other it proclaims that is ‘440 Razor Sharp Steel’ a bold claim, but very accurate! This now hold the title of ‘Sharpest Blade’ in my collection, which I might add was a surprise to me.
Obviously, this being a small light blade. Its again very agile, the lock-bar is strong, I’ve got no worries of it accidently failing, one thing of note, while not visible in the pics, all along the edge, in the right light, it looks like a hammon line, while I know that this is most likely not the case, it does look good.
For the price (£9:95), I feel it’s a bargain, its better quality than I’d expected & much sharper than I thought it would be, I’ll be keeping me eyes open for more Rough Rider products, if there all this good & this cheap, they’ll be well worth a buy.

the blade master

Re: Rough Rider Coal Miner

Postby the blade master » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:58 pm

you may think its sharp but wait till you hear my wife,s tongue :argue13
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

liquidator96

Postby liquidator96 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:37 pm

Tell me about it! 7878

Lone Wolf

Postby Lone Wolf » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:22 pm

Thats really cool.

Return to “Customer Reviews”