Damascus Utility Knife (T21)

Reviews of Blades-UK products as provided by the customers

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Lone Wolf

Damascus Utility Knife (T21)

Postby Lone Wolf » Wed May 21, 2014 11:42 am

"12" Overall, hand forged, 7" substantial 6mm thick, Damascus steel blade with detailed filework and sharpened blade. Full tang, with solid brass fittings and genuine bone handle grips. Complete with high quality leather sheath. Lovely item, handmade by a master knife smith at a small traditional forge."

Bought this one awhile ago, out of all my damascus blades this one has by far the nicest handle imo, its beautiful and the whole shape of the knife is very elegant. Stinky rating for the sheath on this one was about 3 out of 5, but a few weeks sitting on top of a cupboard has sorted that out.

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Re: Damascus Utility Knife (T21)

Postby Big Lazy » Wed May 21, 2014 11:49 am

My dammy blade went black, so I scrubbed it down with WD40 and wire wool so it was back to the proper colour. Within days it was black again. I've now got it back to normal finish with a rust eraser and give it a coat of Ren wax. Hoping that works with it.
Pimp or die baby!

liquidator96

Postby liquidator96 » Wed May 21, 2014 1:44 pm

A very elegant knife indeed, that knife smith really knows his trade. :D

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Wed May 21, 2014 7:18 pm

Big Lazy wrote:My dammy blade went black, so I scrubbed it down with WD40 and wire wool so it was back to the proper colour. Within days it was black again. I've now got it back to normal finish with a rust eraser and give it a coat of Ren wax. Hoping that works with it.

hi larns
I found a couple of mine did the same in spots so polished them out with maguiers polysh (yes its spelt that way)
then soaked them in chen sword oil not had any bother since
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Lone Wolf

Postby Lone Wolf » Wed May 21, 2014 11:07 pm

I've got 4 damascus knives, 1 a folder, I've only had issues with one, it got rusty it kept getting rusty in the same place and I kept scrubbing it off and soaking the thing in oil, I keep an eye on it, its gone black I scrubbed that off a few weeks ago and slapped more wax on it.

all of them treated the same, all cleaned the same way and ren waxed, I don't know what the problem is with that one but as my oldest one, (the folder) is fine its not put me off, just have to keep an eye on em.

The brass discolouration hits all of them tho, and others, I've got two elk ridge ones that have gone the same way, brass discolours where that section is in the leather sheath. Tho you can't seeit that much in those pics.

shizuo

Postby shizuo » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:20 am

The a one good knife you have there mate the shape of the blade is perfect the grip is so elegant ;) .

gerryLee

Postby gerryLee » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:16 pm

loved the details of your knife looks beautiful.

Return to “Customer Reviews”