Handforged Storm Katana

Reviews of Blades-UK products as provided by the customers

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

xJUSTINx1994

Handforged Storm Katana

Postby xJUSTINx1994 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:28 am

Very happy with my 1st katana blade is not very sharp struggles to do the paper cutting test but nothing a good wet stone cant fix (i will not be sharping it) have a friend that can use a wet stone very well he has a lot of knives and a big machete but he never done any thing as big as a katana but have a lot of trust in him the only thing that i dislike is the habaki is glued so no changing the tusba but no biggie overall very nice sword and lastly some pictures ps don't no if pics will work if not i am sorry. Image Image Image Image Image

the blade master

Re: Handforged Storm Katana

Postby the blade master » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:48 am

are you sure its the habaki your referring to and not the tsuka as leaving the habaki as is wont
stop you changing the tsuba and yes the pictures don't work
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

xJUSTINx1994

Postby xJUSTINx1994 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:27 pm

the blade master wrote:are you sure its the habaki your referring to and not the tsuka as leaving the habaki as is wont
stop you changing the tsuba and yes the pictures don't work
Yes i think its the haraki the brass like guard on the blade just be for tsuba i can see glue so my be its glued in more places for durability i don't no much about swords but i took both pegs out just to see if the tang needed cleaning but could not disassemble handled would not budge would have liked a white tsuba but the one it as got is still nice so like i said no biggie and the pics posted a pic from the blade uk site in this forum on a different post and loaded up fine but used imageshack for the pics on this post don't no why they wont load but if you are using mozilla firefox as your browser just right click where it says image an click view image.
:GGG

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:26 am

hi
ive had a look at the pic and you will find it will come apart
its probably that the tang is just a very tight fit in the tsuka
don't worry about the glue its probably just a bit of over spill
from elswhere
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

conner

Postby conner » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:42 pm

My functional sword ins't razor sharp?

Good!, that's exactly how it's meant to be. The fantasy that how well a sword cuts is purely based on it's sharpness is one that is widespread among novices and totally inaccurate. Skill, Practice, Balance and Training are what determines how well a sword will cut.
The functional swords are sharpened to exact degree they need to be for their intended purpose. To razor sharpen a blade will take it to such a fine edge that it will be brittle and prone to chipping, particularly when you consider the forces involved when a blade swung at full force will come under when it meets it's target. Even a sword that does not feel very sharp will still perform well, a good example to show this is to hold a piece of A4 paper and watch the blade slice this neatly in half (though a little practice might be required to do it perfectly everytime)
:D
He who worries about tomorrow will not live for today

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Postby Big Lazy » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:58 pm

We really should do an updated n00bs guide sticky thread. I'm pretty sure we had one a while back but thats bound to be long dead and buried.
Pimp or die baby!

Return to “Customer Reviews”